Stuck in upgrade mode

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
samuli_jarvela

Stuck in upgrade mode

Post by samuli_jarvela »

My Zway firmware version is 3.1.0, and when I started firmware upgrade process, it was stuck in "Downloading update" without ever finishing the download. There were no errors or anything, it just stopped downloading. However, this process cannot be restarted as the updater always brings up the same progress bar view that does not progress.

I also tried upgrading from command line, but it did nothing. No errors there either, it simply bailed out immediately with no output. The zwave network itself is functioning (although the raspberry board has a red led on, instead of green).

After a week or so in this mode, I was forced to reboot raspberry. This also did not break from the upgrade mode, now the updater first displays "Error 500: Internal Server Error. CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: []", and after this "Web If is switched off".

What can I do to restart firmware upgrade process?
PoltoS

Re: Stuck in upgrade mode

Post by PoltoS »

The best would be to run apt-get upgrade and then apt-get update
samuli_jarvela

Post by samuli_jarvela »

Well, I actually tried command line update again after the reboot, and now it succeeded.

However, web UI updater is still not working (same Error 500) and red led in the board, anything I can do about these?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The problem might be due to cookies - please try to clear cookies and cache
samuli_jarvela

Post by samuli_jarvela »

Unfortunately not about cookies or browser caches.

Just to make sure, it's following url that is displayed inside iframe: http://zway-ip:8084/cgi-bin/main.cgi. When clicking "Settings -> Firmware update -> Open updater", it brings up dialog with this iframe. This cgi does not print anything into logs, and restarting zway-server does not change anything.

Sure I can do updates via command line as well, but it would be easier to check if there is an update available, now I'm not getting this at all since it always ends up with "Error 500: Internal Server Error CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: []"

Something about the cgi that can be configured or getting logs from?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is a bug in the 8084 UI. You can do the upgrade from the command line using apt-get or just using our script:

Code: Select all

wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo bash