Z-way very slow

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
paul.witmond

Z-way very slow

Post by paul.witmond »

Hi,

My zway setup is very very slow.
Currently it’s a Rasberry 4 8 Gb running raspian from an sd card (clean install), fixed wired op
When I login it takes usually 30-45 seconds until the site is finished loading and when it’s loaded it’s still very slow. Qubino switches usually need 25 seconds to finish the job, coolcam plugs works beter
Even when I Connect locally it’s this slow(redirect through fine.Z-Wave.Me.me is slower than directly)

As a client I’m using iPads, iPhones and Windows systems

My question is what we can do to improve the performance , the current system is unreliable and the performance makes the system useless
We also have a zigbee system (Lidl) and that’s working really well, startup 1 second
PoltoS

Re: Z-way very slow

Post by PoltoS »

Could you please have a look on "top". Looks Z-Way is busy with something. May be worth to look in the log too.
paul.witmond

Post by paul.witmond »

Hi,

Were can I find the log ?
seiken

Post by seiken »

paul.witmond wrote:
07 Feb 2021 17:31
Hi,

Currently it’s a Rasberry 4 8 Gb running raspian from an sd card (clean install), fixed wired op
When I login it takes usually 30-45 seconds until the site is finished loading and when it’s loaded it’s still very slow. Qubino switches usually need 25 seconds to finish the job, coolcam plugs works beter
Even when I Connect locally it’s this slow(redirect through fine.Z-Wave.Me.me is slower than directly)

My question is what we can do to improve the performance , the current system is unreliable and the performance makes the system useless
We also have a zigbee system (Lidl) and that’s working really well, startup 1 second
i have the same problem, if running a scene or trying to do multiple commands its very unstable, i have about 100 devices connected now, its normally stats 0 jobs and 95% is added as unsecure. comparing this to my old vera secure and ha that was lightning fast and reliable. im hopping the new hardware and integration will work better or i'll go back to vera
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The log in /var/log/z-way-server.log

You should definitelly check the jobs queue and routes (in Route Map). If jobs count is always 0 with few commands when you press something, check the log or jobs queue for failures - your network might have bad routes.

I also suggest to run network reorganization - it fixes routes issues (in v3.1.2 it will turn your CPU to 100% at the end if the reorg process, so restart Z-Way after that - in v3.1.3 we have fixed that - it is preparing for a release)
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server restart
does not work in this situation.

I didn't ask for a reorg 2 times now, but found my system hanging, with multiple requests for failed reorgs.
Power cycle or maybe Sudo reboot now are the only escapes.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, as I mentioned, it makes your system hang after the reorg. But it does the reorg first anyway. And we are releasing a new version that fixes this
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

Does an automatic re-org get triggered ? When is that ? Monthly ?

I knew re-org failed and did not request one.
But it seems random when it happens.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Currently no automatic reorg. You should od it yourself. In future we will add it as a checkbox.

May be your communications are slow because of huge traffic? You also report huge logs - this is consistent with the idea that your network is too loaded.
seiken

Post by seiken »

paul.witmond wrote:
07 Feb 2021 17:31
Hi,

i had the same problem, added 3 extra tall risers to get razberry away from rpi, this semas to fix the major problem
now i can control things much faster and devices stopt failing.