EEPROM offset for manual backup

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
komsky

EEPROM offset for manual backup

Post by komsky »

Hi

I'm using custom software for managing my Z-Wave devices. This software is managing backup using direct EEPROM reads and writes. Initially, it was written with ZW0201 in mind. The developer has decided to store EEPROM data starting from 0x1400 to 0x3FFF.
When I use this feature with the dedicated sigma chip, I'm able to completely reset the device and restore the home id and all nodes intact
The same software does not work with the RazBerry chip, presumably because of a different offset?
Does anyone know where (what memory offset and a number of bytes) RazBerry keeps home id and whole network topology?
Is it possible to apply a binary dump from an old chip to a new one and expect it to work, or I have to decode the dump and create a new one?
Thank you
Adrian
PoltoS

Re: EEPROM offset for manual backup

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry uses some other addresses. Z-Way handles this. But not sure if you can port from other systems - you are better to manually create a backup and restore it on Z-Way
komsky

Re: EEPROM offset for manual backup

Post by komsky »

Thank you for your reply, PoltoS.
I'm very motivated to find the answer and I was even looking to hire a contractor. Maybe one of the forum members is willing to take a challenge? I'll pay real money to get this one and one another Sigma API-related issue resolved.
You can pm me on adrian.hospitalit(at)gmail.com