Was my RaZberry killed by kernel upgrade?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
schuur

Was my RaZberry killed by kernel upgrade?

Post by schuur »

I have been running Z-Way server for almost a year on a Raspberry Pi Model 3B V1.2 with Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) to manage four Fibaro switches and a double NEO wall switch with a Razberry ZMEERAZ2 Rev 2.1 controller (HW Rev. 2.0 11/04/2018). Till now. I regularly run apt-get update / apt-get upgrade to keep up with the latest patches and made it to Z-Way Server 3.1.3 a few weeks ago. With the latest apt-get the Raspberry kernel was upgraded from 5.10.11-v7+ #1399 to 5.10.11-v7+ #1403 but gave an error:
Instellen van raspberrypi-kernel (1.20210303-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-kernel.postinst: 1: /etc/default/raspberrypi-kernel: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
dpkg: fout bij verwerken van pakket raspberrypi-kernel (--configure):
subproces van pakket raspberrypi-kernel werd script post-installation geïnstalleerd gaf de foutwaarde 2 terug
Fouten gevonden tijdens verwerken van:
raspberrypi-kernel
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
(the Dutch is quite an unfortunate choice I made during installation of the Raspberry, but it will not be the cause of the issue :| )
Checking the /etc/default/raspberrypi-kernel file I find one line which should not be there:
{"controller":{"first_start_up":"2020-03-24T17:45:13.286Z","count_of_reconnects":36,"firstaccess":false,"emailInitialActivated":true},"vdevInfo":{"MailNotifier_12":{"deviceType":"toggleButton","probeType":"notification_email","metrics":{"level":"on","title":"Send Email Notification","icon":"
Didn't know where this came from, until I tried to access my Z-Way UI, which gave me no devices and two similar lines in the log:
Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Bad data - communication failed
Seems like the Z-Way controller data ended up in the raspberry-kernel file, which I think should not be there. For sure it is not complete.

I have checked the Razberry with these commands from https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=23019:

Code: Select all

killall z-way-server
cat < /dev/ttyAMA0 &
[response: process number]

Code: Select all

echo -en "\x01\x03\x00\x15\xe9" > /dev/ttyAMA0
[response: NULL] :o

Now I am afraid that during the kernel upgrade my Z-Way Server controller somehow wrecked my RaZberry. What can I do?
PoltoS

Re: Was my RaZberry killed by kernel upgrade?

Post by PoltoS »

I think it is an SD card fault. Just try to restore the backup (hope you had automated backup)