Apple Homekit Pin are changed after reboot

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
bjartea

Apple Homekit Pin are changed after reboot

Post by bjartea »

I am running Razberry on a Pi4 with the latest raspbian. After upgrading zwayserver from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4 the Apple Homekit Gate does not work anymore. The pin code changes every time I click save in the configuration or whenever I reboot the machine. Seems to be identical to the old issue discussed in this thread: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=25756
PoltoS

Re: Apple Homekit Pin are changed after reboot

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed the PIN is generated on each save. You can get the PIN code from events log or from the app settings (just click Cancel instead of Save)
bjartea

Post by bjartea »

I can live with hitting cancel, but a pin code change on every reboot is a bit more challenging to relate to :-)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Well, you need it only once ;) Indeed, we will think if we can make it constant
gabe

Post by gabe »

Is there a way to fix it manually, after the initial pairing?
The situation now:
1. add integration to Home Assistant, discovers it nicely
2. reboot, etc. - HomeKit PIN changes, Home Assistant can no longer communicate nor discover RaZberry :-(

There seems to be a process with an iOS device to unregister it and have it discoverable again. But w/out an iOS device the only option is to do uninstall and re-install the Apple HomeKit Gate.

Any other means less rigorous to have it discoverable again, other than preventing the change of the PIN?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Why Home Assistant is discovering RaZberry via HomeKit? The PIN is used only during pairing. Then it does not affect communications.