ZWAY server fails at 03:00 regularly

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Re: ZWAY server fails at 03:00 regularly

Post by PoltoS »

Okey, not it makes sense. At 3:00 Z-Way is syncing all clocks in devices supporting time feature. Looks there is something wrong there. We will check it
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Could you please send me you expert UI backup, so I can reproduce the issue?
ScotsDon

Post by ScotsDon »

Thanks for reply, will do but have to be tomorrow. It's now 23:00 in the UK! How long does the server sync (above) take ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Way is just sending Clock Set to your time capable devices. This is like a Switch Binary Set to turn the light on, but here it sets the clock.
ScotsDon

Post by ScotsDon »

For PoltoS. For the record, the server crashed again last night at 03:00. This is with a clean re-install of everything, as described earlier, and includes the Fibaro multi-sensor bindings.

Attached are the two .zab backup files. The larger one dated 2022-01-14 was created with version 3.2.2 and gives the problems. In the Smarthome website (using Firefox in Windows 10) only devices 2,3, and 4 appeared. In the Expert UI, they were all present (2 - 7) but the correct device names were not. All had names such as 'Mains... ' something or other (sorry, should have noted it better). The backup file dated 2022-01-06 was created from a much older version of z-way (probably 3 or 4 years old) and worked fine. All devices appeared, and in their correct rooms.

The login password problem I had was my fault. After restoring the 6 Jan backup, it asked me to log in again but I entered my latest password, forgetting that this backup was before I changed it. It worked with my old password.

Just found out that the .zab files are not accepted in Add Files (invalid file type), so I have changed the extension from .zab to .jpg. Please change them back again. But the status is a yelIow triangle with an error message, so I don't think even this is working, so can I email them to you?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

For the history. The bug was located and fixed. New Z-Way will have the fix.

You can easily solve it with https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... 66651c7954

The fundamental bug in Z-Way leading to the crash is also fixed.
zuperman

Post by zuperman »

Hi PoltoS

I think I am running into the same problem; crashes at 03:00. I updated the index.js file but as I understand this will not fix the crash problem?
When will you release an updated version, available through the updater?

Beste regards
Erik
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, the update will be available in March, but the small fix should already prevent from crashes in your case.