How to migrate to Razberry 7

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
ulfmansson

Re: How to migrate to Razberry 7

Post by ulfmansson »

Is my card broken as the led only flash very quick and then they don't light up anymore?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is normal behaviour. Please check that it is correctly installed and UART of the Pi is configured correctly
ulfmansson

Post by ulfmansson »

It works with my old razberry card. Is there a config difference with the new razberry 7 card?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

ulfmansson wrote:
20 Jan 2022 18:33
It works with my old razberry card. Is there a config difference with the new razberry 7 card?
No. I bought five if the Razberry 7 Pro boards; three worked, two did not and the replacements worked. So I believe you're in the same boat I was in.

I was asked for the lot number on the cards but I had already sent them back. I believe the lot number is on the card itself.
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

PoltoS wrote:
19 Jan 2022 11:07
@brianaker

1) DSK (public key) is used only during key exchange only once. Then network key is negotiated and this is saved across backup (if managed by Z-Way) or is unchanged (if managed by other s/w).

2) Yes, you can turn off Z-Wave Binding app in Z-Way smart home and then enable it back after the replacement. But better to turn off the Pi completely during board replacement not to kill the board due to the ESD.
Thank you!

I wasn't thinking about trying to pull the board off while it was being powered, I wanted to make sure the restore in z-way expert worked without fearing the home automation deleting itself if the restore failed ( aka having a failed restore do a cascading delete on Automation ).
augustinus

Post by augustinus »

Hi,

I tried the described method to migrate from a Razberry 2 to a Razberry 7 Pro but I have issues: I have z-way installed in the current version (3.2.2) and the firmware of the Razberry 2 as well as the Razberry 7 are up to date. I can create the backup and get a .zbk file as download.
But when I try to restore it I get a strange behavior. z-way tells me that the restore was successful and that it is going to reload the page but after the reload no devices are listed. I waited for 5 minutes but nothing happened. I tried chrome, firefox, and edge to make sure that it is not a browser problem. I checked the z-way-server.log file but I could not find any helpful information.

Is there a way to find the root cause for this issue?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please send the log and the .zbk file to support@z-wave.me
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

augustinus wrote:
01 Feb 2022 23:49
But when I try to restore it I get a strange behavior. z-way tells me that the restore was successful and that it is going to reload the page but after the reload no devices are listed.
I experienced the same issue until I selected the option in the expert restore that was went something like "information in the Z-Wave chip itself will be overwritten".

This is what worked for me:
  • Factory default the Razberry 7 in the expert interface.
  • Do a restore from a backup taken in the expert interface with the option mentioned above enabled.
  • Reboot/power off device.
  • On reboot do a restore in the Automation layer ( there was an option there overwrite z-wave device, I believe, I did not select it.
The upgrade process has been way simpler then what I thought it would be. I have one issue, which is probably an edge case with a particular device, that I think is related to the upgrade, but otherwise everything has been fine.
harre

Post by harre »

I have bought a razberry 7 pro to replace my razberry 2.

I have a completely new raspberry pi so my question is what will happen if I select this option from my screenshot?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 01-33-05 Z-Wave Expert UI.png
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 01-33-05 Z-Wave Expert UI.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 10470 times
aLiEnHeAd

Post by aLiEnHeAd »

@harre:
https://storage.z-wave.me/docs/zwayDev.pdf
The controller change function allows to handover the primary function to a different controller in
the network. The function works like a normal inclusion function but will hand over the primary
privilege to the new controller after inclusion. Z-Way will become a secondary controller of the
network. This function may be needed during installation of larger networks based on remote
controls only where Z-Way is solely used to do a convenient network setup and the primary
function is finally handed over to one of the remote controls.

to replace your razberry2 do what PoltoS described:
PoltoS wrote:
19 Jan 2022 00:57
Please use Z-Way to make a backup, then restore.

Save the backup of the RaZberry in Expert UI
Replace the board
Restore the backup in Expert UI