Razberry 7 Pro Issues

Post by randomevents »

I've been seeing the same issues as described here:
https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/issues/3906

Delays
A few neighbors for the controller (none in the same room) out of ~60
Reception issues
Nodes marked as dead till pinged
Time out or stalls on Exclusion and Inclusion processing when one doesn't go well.

Same issues were on the shipped firmware (7.06) and updated (7.16). Using on a rPi4 board, and the network was added from scratch, all ZWave+ 500 and 700 devices. Only battery devices are Kwitset locks upgraded with a Z+ Board and Smoke Detectors, but the issues started before those were added. I initially assumed it was placement and noise issues, and got the channels down to ~-104 across the board.

All issues resolved when I backed up the NVM and restored to a Zooz 500 series stick.

I'm not seeing any issues on a second pro board with the exception of the exclusion\inclusion timeouts, but that's a much smaller network of ~8 devices in a 12 by 12 guest house type thingy.
PoltoS

Re: Razberry 7 Pro Issues

Post by PoltoS »

We suggest lowering the number of unsolicited messages from devices. Especially power plugs that are often sending packets every 30 seconds.

Then make sure to have good coverage at least to devices in the vicinity of the controller.

You can check Analytics in Z-Way to get more info on your network state.

It is known that with too many devices SiLabs network layer starts to hang on trivial tasks. Looks like they save the routing table and information before sending an ACK. This is why it is suggested to lower the number of unsolicited packets and improve routes stability (not to let the network layer update routing info to the memory).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We will check this with our R&D to see if we can reproduce it and fix it.
randomevents

Post by randomevents »

Once I realized it wasn't my placement (even going as far as adding a ~3 meter extension to the antenna to get it away from one of the Wifi AP's, this was the big noise drop), I started looking at the configs for the 2 Smart Switch 6's and 3 Multi Sensor 6's I had already added to the network. During my testing I increased the Automatic Interval Group 1 reporting to 3600 seconds and made any threshold reporting improbable. The vast majority of the devices on the network are freshly installed Leviton DZ15s and DZ6HD with matching switches where needed. S2/S0 is limited to the locks and smoke detectors.

With only 4 repeater devices showing as neighbors of the controller, I could trigger dead node states pretty consistently by flicking a group of 8 lights off and on 3 or 4 times. I was able to find a Zooz stick with >6.8 SDK and restored a NVM backup and everything works as expected even before a network heal. Restoring back to the R7Pro caused the issues to resurface, so I've had to go ahead and mothball the R7Pros for the foreseeable future.
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

I can confirm I also have huge issues with the 7 pro... Most packets fail to send, getting inf packets from devices not working, interviews not happening at all... It is very, very unreliable at the moment.
reverted back to my UZB I was using, no problems at all..

It is for sure a problem with the pro7 , it's not in my devices, they work fine with the UZB so why should anything be changed there ? besides that, I already optimized the network by sending out as less packages as needed from devices.
If I look here https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/issues/3906 then that does not look very good, when can this be solved or should I send the device back ?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

If the issue is with the Silabs code, then they will need to provide a fix which Z-Wave.me and others can then deploy. The link you provided pretty much says that it is related to 700 series controllers from multiple manufacturers.

I don't seem to be having an issue, but I'm not saying the issue doesn't exist. So that probably means it is not widespread. So tracking the issue down on the Silabs side might take a little time. It looks like the current GA release is 7.16.3 which was released in October 2021.

I have my network setup so the use of mesh is not a requirement; I'm trying to keep routing to a minimal. So the goal was to have the devices to be able to communicate directly with the controller. This helps reduce network congestion.

I'm sure Silabs will resolve the matter, they just need to be able to reproduce it, test fixes, release the new code and then have the manufacturers then go through their certification process.
randomevents

Post by randomevents »

lanbrown wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:56
I have my network setup so the use of mesh is not a requirement; I'm trying to keep routing to a minimal. So the goal was to have the devices to be able to communicate directly with the controller. This helps reduce network congestion.
That's great, but when the controller doesn't acknowledge devices as neighbors that are in a 10 foot radius (open air, no obstructions), there's not much we can do about it.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I had that issue with the Razberry 2 boards, but don't have that issue with the Razberry 7 Pro boards....except for the two Qubino devices that I have. Inovelli, Aeotec, Enerwave and Zooz all work great.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We plan to release a new firmware by mid-Feb with fixes. Hope it will solve the problem. Please stay tuned
roger

Post by roger »

When I first start z-way with my new Razberry 7 pro I have SDK version 7.15 (as I remember it), and everything looks normal.
Then I make a firmware update in expertUI, and after that I have any SDK version number at all in the controller information side, and it is many grey X instead of green ok-marks on the listed capabilities.
The update side tells that I have the latest firmware installed, and the card is not dead (I can see for example network noise history and the other sides look normal), but I have not try to include any nodes to the system yet.
I have reboot and powered off the system several times, no change.

Is this normal, or have anything going wrong during the firmware update?