GE Motion Sensor Switch ZW4006 not adding right

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
p_carneyrn

GE Motion Sensor Switch ZW4006 not adding right

Post by p_carneyrn »

I've recently updated my system. I have a GE in-wall motion sensor switch ‎26931/ZW4006. Before updating to the latest firmware it added with no problem. Now it adds but does not show the show the motion sensor. It does add with a switch that can be controlled and shows the Burglar Alarm Motion Sensor, but it doesn't update with movement. I have reset and re-included several times in both Secure and Unsecure inclusion. Any suggestions?
seattleneil

Re: GE Motion Sensor Switch ZW4006 not adding right

Post by seattleneil »

A few suggestions:

Access the expert UI - http://[IP]:8083/expert

1. Verify your GE switch is configured to have a lifeline association for your Z-Way controller. Select Configuration top menu item->[click on your GE switch]->Association. If missing, then add your Z-Way controller (nominally, the Z-Way Controller should have device ID=1).

2. Check that the Configuration parameters in the switch are correct. Here's a description of the parameters: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/pro ... 35/configs. Select Configuration top menu item->[click on your GE switch]->Expert Commands->scroll down to the Configuration command class and do a Get for each of the configuration parameters. If incorrect, fix by doing a Set. If you still have a problem, exclude the switch, do a factory reset on the switch and then re-include the switch. If the switch isn't controlling something security-related, then do an insecure inclusion. The factory default parameters should do what you want.

3. Check what packets your GE switch is sending to your controller. Select Analytics top menu item->Zniffer History pull down.

4. Verify the Interview was successful. Configuration top menu item->[click on your GE switch]->Interview

Check the z-way-server.log file to see how Z-Way processes messages received from the GE switch.

Out of curiosity, why did you exclude and then re-include your GE switch when doing the Z-Way firmware?
p_carneyrn

Post by p_carneyrn »

Hello, sorry for the long delay in response. New job, new girlfriend, one had to go. Lol. You asked why I excluded and re-included the sensor/switch with the firmware update? It is because I was also rebuilding the network, the rules, and other apps from scratch. I don't do this often, but find occasionally a new install allows me to reorganize. That said, I have tried all the above and the device still does not include correctly. On previous firmware it would include with 2 switches and 2 sensors (one burglar one regular). Now it only includes with the 2 switches and the burglar sensor only. This would be fine if the burglar motion sensor detected movement, but the state never changes.

Any help would be appreciated.
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

Sounds like your life has had a lot of drama. I'm guessing the Z-Wave inclusion problem with the ZW4006 is related to changes in version 3.2.3 dealing with secure inclusion and an overly strict policy. There have been many posts reporting similar inclusion problems. Here's 1 example: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=35567

I think the easiest solution is to wait a few weeks for the Z-Wave.Me team to release version 4.0. If you're impatient, you can download and install a beta version of version 4.0 using this link: https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb

Alternatively, you likely can force an unsecure inclusion using the Z-Way expert UI as shown below.
unsecure inclusion.jpg
unsecure inclusion.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
With luck, the unsecure inclusion option will allow the ZW4006 to be included without errors.