Pro7 freezes on neighbor update and random disconnects

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
vinisz

Pro7 freezes on neighbor update and random disconnects

Post by vinisz »

Hi,

The new pro 7, on latest firmware has something strange.
2 things:

* When doing "neighbor update" for any device, the controller just freezes, no more commands are processed and only reboot helps
* I get e-mails from time to time (4-5 a day) that zway devices failed (max 3 of them) , however, these devices are not failed at all and it's different devices every time. There seems to be nothing wrong at all with the devices and communications work just fine.

Any idea what is going on here ?
seattleneil

Re: Pro7 freezes on neighbor update and random disconnects

Post by seattleneil »

For the second issue (failed device e-mails)... Z-Wave devices are marked failed when they fail to respond to commands sent from the controller. To help troubleshoot the problem, using the Expert UI, I suggest looking at Network->Timing Info to see if timing is excessive and if there's packet loss. Next, look at Analytics->Packets for RSSI (signal strength), explorer frames (sign of very bad routing), delivered percentage (sign of bad coverage/interference) and rerouted percentage (sign of bad routing). I'm guessing you either have RF interference or bad coverage. There are other possibilities such as a misbehaving Z-Wave device that is intermittently failing to route mesh messages. The Analytics->Packets info should help isolate the problem. Analytics->Zniffer History will show you what nodes were used for message transmission from the controller and the speed (9.6 means you have legacy non Z-Wave Plus devices). Analytics->Route Map may be able to fix the problem.

For the first issue (controller freezes on "neighbor update") - just don't do a neighbor update until you stabilize the network (i.e., fix the second issue). Instead of a reboot, have you tried Network->Control->Reset API? What does the log show?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please show us the log of neighbour updates. We have noticed that sometimes the SiLabs SDK freezes on some commands sent to devices. We are checking this with customers in order to reproduce and report to SiLabs.

Also, we are about to release the new 7.28 firmware (it is under test). It might happen that it will solve the issue as it is based on the new SDK
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

Is that a specific logfile or just the normal one ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Normal one is enough to start
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

Ok, I have the packet log on "disabled" in the Zwave app, does that need to be enabled first ?
Also good that new firmware is arriving I think as until now, I tend to say that the old UZB was doing a better job...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Agree, that SiLabs introduced a bit too many bugs in the 7th gen, but hopefully, most of it is fixed now.

We need the Z-Way log, not the phone app log.
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

I mean the zwave app of the comtroller
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

Well.. a bit too many issues with the 7 pro still and it became quite irritating, whole house depends on the system so when things are not reliable and wife also starts complaining then it quickly becomes very irritating.. I switched back to the UZB for now without any issues and will wait until some bugs are resolved until I go to the pro7 again...