RaZberry 7 Pro defective?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
n-gauge

RaZberry 7 Pro defective?

Post by n-gauge »

Hi,

on boot the red/green LED's are supposed to light up for about 2 sec to confirm board is OK. I have now received my second RaZberry 7 that just blinks for 0.5sec and generally behaves weird/miserable - among other things inclusion/exclusion processes take for ever or are interrupted.

How likely is it that I get two boards that are defective? Or are the LED's on the RaZ7 not supposed to light up as long as on earlier models, and the problem is not in the hardware?
I wanted to ask what your experiences are, before complaining to the seller yet again.
PoltoS

Re: RaZberry 7 Pro defective?

Post by PoltoS »

RaZ 7 blinks faster compared to the previous model.

Please check if it heats up. Does Z-Way boots with it?
n-gauge

Post by n-gauge »

So 0.5 sec LED-blink is OK?

Chip on RaZ7 is not extremely warm - about the same as the heat sink of the CPU.
Z-Way connects to the RaZ7, but communication is slow/unstable. Inclusion/exclusion doesn't start up or is interrupted.

(Installed on Raspberry Pi 3B+, tested with Z-Way 3.2.3 and 4.0.0)
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Are you running the latest firmware? The original firmware had issues and there are still some in the current firmware, but in general much better than the original firmware. So upgrade the firmware on the Razberry 7 and try again.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please upgrade the firmware and provide the log
n-gauge

Post by n-gauge »

When trying to upgrade from firmware 7.05 in Z-Way 3.2.3. (in Expert mode UI) i got the message 'upgrade failed'.
After installing 4.0.0 and again trying to upgrade, I got the same fail-message, but for some reason the upgrade had succeeded anyway, and I am now on Firmware 7.13.

Before making further tests I reset the Controller to factory defaults, just to avoid the possibility of any old settings messing something up.

Inclusion/exclusion works a good deal better now, but there are still issues:
When including with default setting 'S2 & S0' I get the message 'Security S0 timeout'. Usually the inclusion succeeds, but with 0% interview done. With 'Force Interview' this can be rectified, but the interview of Command Class 'Security' always fails.
When changing to 'S2' the inclusion process is completed but the message 'wait for key verification' is constantly displayed. When checking under 'configuration' tab, interview process shows 100% but Command Class 'Security' is not interviewed/listed.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

What device do you try to include? Does it support S0 and S2?
n-gauge

Post by n-gauge »

Thus far I have tried with Fibaro Wall Plugs and Qubino Nano Dimmers - all post-2018, so supporting S2.
The described inclusion problem is the same for both brands and all devices tried.

Also, intermittently the inclusion/exclusion process does not start at all - just like before firmware upgrade. Besides, in the meantime I have upgraded to firmware 7.21.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please make sure the frequency is correctly set (in the Expert UI / Network / Control). Also please check the background noise to see if your board is seeing at least something in the either.

Sure you have bought th right version of RaZberry 7 Pro (there is a EU 868+/-10 MHZ and a US 916+/-10 MHz)
n-gauge

Post by n-gauge »

Controller is EU, radio frequency is EU.

I can include devices, just that security interview fails when including in 'S2', or all interview is interrupted when including in 'S2 & S0', as illustrated below. ('S2' inclusion results further down.)

Command Class logs when inclusion in 'S2 & S0':
Basic:
CC_Basic_4.PNG
CC_Basic_4.PNG (15.92 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Association Group Information
CC_AGI_4.PNG
CC_AGI_4.PNG (16.71 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Multi Channel Association
CC_MCA_4.PNG
CC_MCA_4.PNG (16.63 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Z-Wave Plus Information
CC_ZWPI_4.PNG
CC_ZWPI_4.PNG (27.74 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

And these are the logs for the same Command Classes when inclusion is done in 'S2'
CC_Basic_5.PNG
CC_Basic_5.PNG (16.46 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
CC_AGI_5.PNG
CC_AGI_5.PNG (58.94 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
CC_MCA_5.PNG
CC_MCA_5.PNG (33.48 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
CC_ZWPI_5.PNG
CC_ZWPI_5.PNG (27.78 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
For both inclusion tests the same device was used, reset to factory defaults before inclusion process was started.
(Logs of inclusion processes can be provided, but they are very long.)