Problem Inclusion Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 FGRGBWM-442

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Re: Problem Inclusion Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 FGRGBWM-442

Post by PoltoS »

Please go in Expert UI and when including, check only S2 Unauthenticated key. This will not require any PIN
Dumperios

Post by Dumperios »

Sorry, I was on holiday.

I don't know, how to do this. I start Including in normal Mode with add Device. Then I change to Expert View, but where can I set or choose to check only S2 Unauthenticated key?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In Expert UI on S2 device inclusion you will be asked to grant security keys.
Dumperios

Post by Dumperios »

It works, but the controller reacts very slow. It takes up to 5 seconds util it changes to a new value (brightness or color). And when I do some more switching in a row, I have to wait minutes to see the result of the last one. Maybe it has to do with the lots of elements found while including?

I have on Fibaro RGBW Controller which works after normal inclusion and it has 6 elements. The RGBW controller included by using the Expert UI has 28 elements and don't need most of them. Deactivating of the unnecessary elements doesn't help.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

The number of elements has nothing to do with the performance. Have you tried without encryption? Chances are, if you don't use encryption it will be faster. The 700 series devices handle encryption far better than the 300 or 500 series. So the issue and limitation will be on the Fibaro side. Some vendors have a poor track record when it comes to encryption.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@Dumperios,

Let's separate your issues in two:
1) 5 seconds until the dimmer set the new value. This is the Fibaro factory default value. Not sure why they did it so long and do not allow to change. You can let Z-Way always override it by another value. In the new version (v4.0.0 beta) it can be done graphically, on older you need to set zway.devices[X].SwitchMultilevel.data.overrideDefaultDuration=1 to make it work in 1 second.

2) Yes, currently in Z-Way you can't execute a second command while another one is not yet executed. This will be changed soon. It is a Z-Way issue.
Dumperios

Post by Dumperios »

@Ianbrown:

I tried without encryption, but the result is the same. I have the razberry pro 7 in use. I have one RGBW Controller from fibaro which works only the interview for class SwitchMultilevel fails in normal UI, but it works - no performance problems. This controller I bought eralier then the controller which makes the written problems. Is there a way to see the series of a controller?

@PoltoS:

Where do I have to set the parameter overrideDefaultDuration value? In the Expert UI => Expert Commands it seems to be that all 14 duration parameters are set to value 0 which means immediately.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

The Raspberry Pro 7 is a 700 series; hence the number 7 in the name.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

overrideDefaultDuration is in Expert Commands in SwitchMultilevel and SwitchColor.
Dumperios

Post by Dumperios »

@IanBrown: yes, but what about the RGBW controllers. As you can see in the Attachment, the controllers have different Z-Wave-Versions and different Device Firmware Version. The RGBW Controller with number 9 is the working one. It has an older Z-Wave Version 4.54.02 and the Firmware Version is much older two. Numbers 29 and 30 are the newer controllers where Z-Wave Version and Firmware are much higher.

@PoltoS: now I have tested with unsecure Include and set all duration values in the Expert Mode to 1. The result: nothing has changed. Any further idea?
Attachments
2022-09-04 16_31_13-Z-Wave Expert UI.png
2022-09-04 16_31_13-Z-Wave Expert UI.png (39.04 KiB) Viewed 3429 times