Can't Get Razberry 7 Pro Firmware Beyond 7.13?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PhilDe

Can't Get Razberry 7 Pro Firmware Beyond 7.13?

Post by PhilDe »

Greetings,

I'm using Razberry 7 Pro with Home Assistant. I bought the Razberry last month, and it came with Firmware 7.06. I used Zway Expert UI to update it to 7.13 with no problems. (I have a Zway boot SSD I use to get to the Expert UI, and a separate Home Assistant OS boot SSD I use to run HA.)

I'm having the node randomly showing as dead issue, which I resolve by having an automation setup to ping a node when it changes to dead. That brings the node back to life.

I was hoping to try the latest version of firmware to see if it resolves this, but Zway Expert UI is telling me that 7.13 is the current version. Message: "The current firmware version is: 7.13 [Bootloader: 65535]" and "Your stick uses the latest firmware".

What am I missing -- since it looks like 7.28 is the latest?
PoltoS

Re: Can't Get Razberry 7 Pro Firmware Beyond 7.13?

Post by PoltoS »

Don't you see 7.21 in the proposal? Should be visible. Please show the request that is done by the browser. It should be to service.z-wave.me
PhilDe

Post by PhilDe »

It is not showing me ANY proposals!

I access the Expert UI, then do Network -> Controller -> Firmware upgrade
My browser is showing https://find.z-wave.me/expert/#/uzb
I am not seeing any other requests by the browser (like you're suggested service.z-wave.me)

I can't seem to upload an image, so here is all the text on the screen:

The current firmware is: 7.13 [Bootloader: 65535]
Firmware Update
The firmware of your Z-Wave transceiver is upgradable using this interface. You should only perform an upgrade if asked by support. Its possible that certain firmware upgrade require to upgrade the bootloader part of the firmware first.

Your stick uses the latest firmware
Upload from file:No file chosen No file chosen
Access token
If you have acquired an access token you may include this token here.

Insert your token
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Try using "all" as the access token.
PhilDe

Post by PhilDe »

That didn't make a difference. Also tried recreating my Zway boot drive, which didn't make any difference either.
Also tried rebooting my router in case zwave.me got blacklisted somehow, no difference.
The only difference I can think of between when I upgraded from 7.06 to 7.13 a couple of weeks ago and now, is that now I have a lot more nodes paired (104).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like your stick reports wrong bootloader ID. Try to explicitly upload the firmware from file:

https://service.z-wave.me/expertui/uzb/ ... .01.0A.gbl
PhilDe

Post by PhilDe »

PoltoS wrote:
10 Oct 2022 03:22
Looks like your stick reports wrong bootloader ID. Try to explicitly upload the firmware from file:

https://service.z-wave.me/expertui/uzb/ ... .01.0A.gbl
Thanks! I have two questions:

1. If there is a problem with bootloader ID, should I upload a new bootloader first?
2. I see the NVM size change in 7.21/07.17.01.0A . Will I lose the contents of NVM and will I have to re-pair all my devices?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No, this version is transforming from pre 7.21 to post 7.21.
PhilDe

Post by PhilDe »

A solution to the problem I originally posted:

Upgrading Zway to 4.0.1 made the normal firmware upgrade process in the Expert UI work for me. It showed what seemed to be a valid bootloader ID, and it showed me options for upgrading firmware.

So I successfully did the 7.13 -> 7.21 upgrade, then the 7.21 -> 7.28 upgrade. Home Assistant is showing the Razberry's 7.28 version.