Razberry bricked after firmware update

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
SeeAge

Razberry bricked after firmware update

Post by SeeAge »

Hello,

I am using OpenHAB and tried updating the firmware of my Razberry 2 (ZMEERAZ2) via the ZMESerialUpdater tool.

I could see that it was running on version 5.27 (05 1B).
I then did the update to 5.36 according to the website, which ran through all steps with OK, but at the end it did not finish the update (did not return to the prompt).
I waited 20 minutes (no change) and then power cycled the Raspi.

Now the device is not recognized anymore and if I try to run:

Code: Select all

ZMESerialUpdater serialapi_uzbupdate -d /dev/ttyAMA0
I get:

Z-WAVE Serial API Tool
                                             Version:LWE0.9
                                             by Z-WAVE>ME

-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
Is there anything I can do to recover my Razberry?

I then flashed the ZWay software on another SD Card, but I also cannot see the controller from the GUI.
transparentesdomizil

Re: Razberry bricked after firmware update

Post by transparentesdomizil »

Hello SeeAge,

although it might not directly help you, as I only started my journey into the world of Z-Wave, Z-Way and RaZberry for home automation by 2022, I also have recently experienced issues while using ZMESerial updater. (My background is a bit different though: After a current firmware upgrade to RaZberry radio firmware 5.39 via Z-Way Expert interface, I encountered a problem of not being able to include some of my older Z-Wave devices into the network.) I have tried to downgrade to one version behind the most recent one (5.37) via ZMESerialUpdater. (I/t failed so far. xD) But while reading your post, I was wondering, if you would not need to specify the firmware file to transfer to the Z-Wave chip on the RaZberry/UZB on terminal/command line? I could not see the specified file name in your post above. Should it look not more like this (just as an example)?

ZMESerialUpdater serialapi_uzbupdate -d /dev/ttyAMA0 -f UPD_FIRMWARE_Razberry_from__05_xx__to__05_yy.bin
Best regards