Z-Wave Parameter No 80 (Send Hail CC) not working as intended

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
mango

Z-Wave Parameter No 80 (Send Hail CC) not working as intended

Post by mango »

Not sure if this is just specific to the model im using (Aeotec Nano Switches ZW132-B), but Parameter 80 offers:

(0) Send Nothing
(3) Send Hail CC when using the manual switch to change the load state.
(1) Send Hail CC
(2) Send Basic CC report

I am wanting to set devices to use value 3, which is to send Hail CC for when somebody manually/physically toggles the switch (to limit the amount of unnecessary zwave traffic on the network. I've found this doesnt do anything, and in order for me to get any updates on manually toggled switches, i need to set this value to '2' or Send Basic CC report.

Not sure if this is an issue with Aeotec, or Z-way, or is this the way Z-wave was intended to operate

Update: While ive worked out a workaround for Nano Switches, i cannot get Nano Dimmers (ZW111-B) to Send Reports of status at all.
PoltoS

Re: Z-Wave Parameter No 80 (Send Hail CC) not working as intended

Post by PoltoS »

Please note that Hail is deprecated a long time ago and was used only to bypass the patent preventing devices to send an unsolicited report. Now all devices do send Switch Binary or Multilever report if LifeLine (group #1) is set to the controller. So all this is not needed anymore.

Please check Z-Way log to see the Network traffic. Z-Way might simply ignore those packets if they are unsecure.

Also sending Basic Report is not really helpful, but Z-Way can handle it if mapBasicSetToReport is set in the Expert Commands
mango

Re: Z-Wave Parameter No 80 (Send Hail CC) not working as intended

Post by mango »

PoltoS wrote:
16 Jan 2023 00:38
Please note that Hail is deprecated a long time ago and was used only to bypass the patent preventing devices to send an unsolicited report. Now all devices do send Switch Binary or Multilever report if LifeLine (group #1) is set to the controller. So all this is not needed anymore.

Please check Z-Way log to see the Network traffic. Z-Way might simply ignore those packets if they are unsecure.

Also sending Basic Report is not really helpful, but Z-Way can handle it if mapBasicSetToReport is set in the Expert Commands
As always, thank you for support PoltoS - steep learning curve with Z-wave :)