Wrong packet from Z-Wave network - RaZberry 7 Pro

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
e-nando

Wrong packet from Z-Wave network - RaZberry 7 Pro

Post by e-nando »

I upgraded to the latest Z-Way-Server version (4.1.0) and the Razberry became unstable when there were a large number of queued jobs (have around 70 nodes and this often occurs at sunrise / sunset when automations trigger. I checked the log and saw lots of repeated errors (several every minute), all similar to:

"[2023-05-18 11:44:18.637] [E] [zway] Packet FC::PromiscuousCommandHandlerCallback is too short: required at least 43 bytes, got 41
[2023-05-18 11:44:18.637] [E] [zway] Error returned from (fc->callbackFunc)(zway, cjob, size, buffer): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)
[2023-05-18 11:44:31.174] [E] [zway] Packet FC::PromiscuousCommandHandlerCallback is too short: required at least 43 bytes, got 28
[2023-05-18 11:44:31.175] [E] [zway] Error returned from (fc->callbackFunc)(zway, cjob, size, buffer): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)"

I then tried:

(1) Upgrading stick firmware to latest (7.36, was on 7.28)
(2) Factory reset / reload config

But still the errors and instability (at some point jobs were no longer processed). So I downgraded the Z-Way-Server to 4.0.3 and the stability issues went away, BUT the comm issues are still there (examples above are running 4.0.3 with firmware 7.36).

Also interesting is that some network functions seem not to work properly and give rise to a torrent of these errors (e.g. Link Status - Test Link, etc.)...

Any ideas what I can try next such as downgrading the firmware / changing out the RaZberry 7 Pro / or some issue with the rpi (model 3B+). I'm also using the "Fast communications option" (ultraUART) and could disable this if I knew how...

Many thanks!
PoltoS

Re: Wrong packet from Z-Wave network - RaZberry 7 Pro

Post by PoltoS »

Could you please provide the log file by mail?