Web UI is not launching

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
LasPro

Web UI is not launching

Post by LasPro »

A couple of days after updating to the current version the WebUI it stops launching and shows the almost empty file structure only:

However the Z-way server is still working and the mobil app works, too:

What is wrong and how to fix?
Attachments
Pasted Graphic 1.png
Pasted Graphic 1.png (50.53 KiB) Viewed 13139 times
Pasted Graphic.png
Pasted Graphic.png (237.72 KiB) Viewed 13139 times
LasPro

Re: Web UI is not launching

Post by LasPro »

Additional info:
The problem seems to be linked to as issue with the icon cache: For a longer time most of the icons are not displayed (including downloaded icon packages).
An attempt to update the skin to update the cache failed. The customize - function in the mobile app shows by entering into "Customize --> downloaded skins" --> "The request failed because server does not responding. Looks like...."
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

You would be well served to understand how the /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome directory got corrupted. If it's not by a user action, then you likely have a corrupt SD card and you'll soon have much bigger issues. If SD card corruption is a possibility, I suggest you power down your Pi and copy important files from the SD card to a different storage media. At the very least, insert a USB thumb drive into the Pi and copy /opt files to the thumb drive.

As for recovering the contents of the /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome directory, one approach is to download and re-install z-way software. You'll need to be root to do these steps. Before you re-install the software, stop the z-way-server process and rename /opt/z-way-server directory to /opt/z-way-server_SAVE (i.e., run this command: mv /opt/z-way-server directory to /opt/z-way-server_SAVE). After you reinstall the z-way software, copy the /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome directory to /opt/z-way-server_SAVE/htdocs/smarthome. This command should do the trick: mv /opt/z-way-server_SAVE/htdocs/smarthome /opt/z-way-server_SAVE/htdocs/smarthome_BAD; cp -pr /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome /opt/z-way-server_SAVE/htdocs/smarthome. At this point, /opt/z-way-server_SAVE should be fixed. To revert to using the fixed z-way software instead of the reinstalled software, stop the z-way-server process and run: mv /opt/z-way-server /opt/z-way-server_NEW; mv /opt/z-way-server_SAVE /opt/z-way-server. Then start the z-way-server process.
LasPro

Post by LasPro »

Thanks a lot. - After installing the firmware again the the WebUI started again. I saved the old configuration in ...SAVE as recommended.

However: Even in the new installation most of the icons are missing.
The old icon folder was empty: /opt/z-way-server_SAVE/htdocs/smarthome/storage/img/icons. But why the icons are missing in the updated configuration (here the icon files are present in the folder, but not displayed as shown in the attachement).

I installed the system via:
wget https://repo.z-wave.me/z-way/raspbian/p ... _armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i z-way-server_4.1.0_armhf.deb

Pasted Graphic.png
Pasted Graphic.png (362.58 KiB) Viewed 12980 times
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

If icon files were missing and now are present in directory /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome/user/icons and directory /opt/z-way-server/htdocs/smarthome/storage/img/icons, then your browser's cache needs to be refreshed. Try clearing your browser's cache for your Pi's URL. This should cause the icons to reappear in your browser.

Do you have a theory on how the icon files disappeared on your Pi? It's possible you've uncovered a Z-Way UI bug where the actions you took using the Z-Way UI caused the icon files to be deleted. Perhaps when your attempt to change to a new icon set failed, the Z-Way software did not restore the original icon files.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Those are custom icons. Icons, apps and skins are not saved in the backup. You need to install them. Just install them from the store and everything will be back
LasPro

Post by LasPro »

Unfortunatly this is not possible since all icon packs are registered as being installed. How to install them anyway?

Since the system was unstable in some other extend I finally decided to install the entire system from scratch (reformatting the SD-card and using the current img-file)

This worked fine but now the queue is emptied very unpredictable. Sometimes all commands are executed immediately, sometimes the queue is stuck for hours with 150 unserved entries.
Normally it helps to stop and restart the Z-Way-server (sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server stop, ...)
How to stabilize this behavior or to restart the server in a regular frequency?

(I tried to use "monit" but the server is not crashed, the queue is stuck)
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

The queue problem you've encountered is a known bug in Z-Way version 4.1.0 and is actively being worked on by the developers. You can read about the bug in this forum thread: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3417&t=35839

Until a bug fix is released, you may want to install Z-Way version 4.0.3 or install a debug/beta version as discussed in the forum thread listed above.