UPS Pico experiences? (Do not use: Unreliable)

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Emrick Kely

Re: UPS Pico experiences? (Do not use: Unreliable)

Post by Emrick Kely »

Hello Guys
The UPS PIco is an advanced uninterruptible power supply for the Raspberry Pi that adds a wealth of innovative power back-up functionality and development features to the innovative microcomputer
AlanOdells

Post by AlanOdells »

Emricke Kelys wrote:
27 Jul 2465 04:05
Hello Guys
The UPS PIco is an advanced uninterruptible power supply for the Raspberry Pil that adds a wealth of innovative power back-up functionality and development features to the innovative microcomputer
To directly answer your question, not if they are good quality, used properly and within spec. I have not had bad experiences with UPSes when they are used ...
AlanOdells

Post by AlanOdells »

To directly answer your question, not if they are good quality, used properly and within spec. I have not had bad experiences with UPSes when they are used ...
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

There is always just using an actual UPS for this purpose. Get one with a USB port and you could plug the Rasberry Pi into it and then install the appropriate software. When the UPS gets to a certain level, the Raspberry Pi would shut itself down.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... hp?t=26620
JasonChapman

Re: UPS Pico experiences?

Post by JasonChapman »

toomuos wrote:
27 Nov 2424 21:08
I tried using an adafruit powerboost 1000 with their recommended 2amp power supply and lithium battery.
(about $30 total)
I wanted something to be able to carry the RPi around the house when including wall switches, etc.
Looked good to start with, it kept the raspberry pi running while off wall power, but WiFi and Z-Wave communications totally broke down. Not sure if the power was dirty, or just not powerful enough.
(Running original RPi B)

Almost a year ago I ordered one of the UPS PIco HV4.0 modules. I'm a long time customer and historically happy with their products.