Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter - read exported energy

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
FlemmingT

Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter - read exported energy

Post by FlemmingT »

I have a Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter in series with my supply from the grid. I am also having solar panels so I need the read both imported energy (kWh ) and exported energy (kWh) from the meter.
Imported energy is fine: a command like
http://RASP4IP:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devi ... es[50].Get()
will get the data from the meter (with id=3) and the imported energy can be retrieved using the following
http://RASP4IP:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devi ... ata[2].val
Reading exported energy is a problem however. A command like
http://RASP4IP:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devi ... es[50].Get()
still retrieves the imported energy value.
The tech support at Qubino tells me that I need to send an additional byte following the Get() command to the meter in order to get the exported energy:
Raw command: 32 01 80 00
Description:
0x32 - COMMAND_CLASS_METER
0x01 - METER_GET
0x80 - value change depending which measure you want to retrieve and include the Rate type, Scale and Reserved, for the export kWh is 80, for import kWh is 40 (default)
0x00 - the last value is used for kVar and kVarh

Question: Is there a way to do this using the url string as above - or any other way of doing it ??
PoltoS

Re: Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter - read exported energy

Post by PoltoS »

You are right. In the new v4.0.0 there will be a second paramenter to Get to request an explicit rate type
FlemmingT

Post by FlemmingT »

Sounds good!
When do you expect the new version 4.0.0 to be released ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are working hard on it. Hope this month or mid October
FlemmingT

Post by FlemmingT »

@PoltoS: Is there any news regarding the release of v4.0.0. ?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

You can download the release candidates. I started with using one of the release candidates on just one of my systems and didn't run into any issues. I updated it to the latest release candidate and let it run a few days and have now updates all of them from 3.2.3 to that release candidate.

https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/

Click the more and you will see the other releases which also includes the release candidates. I'm running the 4.0.0-142-g845ce45c-lws16 release candidate.

You can use wget by using the same methidn they list for z-way but you just need to use the correct path to the release you want to run. You can also just download it to your system. If it is a Raspberry Pi then you can use the sudo dpkg -i command to install it.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

I should also state that if to get back to 3.2.3 you just go into z-way have it check for updates and it will let you install 3.2.3. I have gone from 3.3.x to 4.x and back to 3.2.x without an issue; all of the devices are still there. So it is not like your are now committed to 4.x and can never return to 3.2.x. I would perform a backup before the upgrade though.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Getting back to v3.2.3 will make problems for Alarm/Notification CC (structure changed in v4.0.0).

Also Meter export reading is currently not in the v4.0.0 branch as this change was rejected by the team: it looks it requires additional parameter value for the exported (the current code allows to Get exported, but the answer falls in the same variable ("val") and not in another one. We will check if we can make it for v4.0.0 or it will go for a future one.
FlemmingT

Post by FlemmingT »

Hi @PoltoS.
Is there any news about reading the meter export energy value from the Qubino 3 Phase Smart Meter ( ratetype = 2 ) ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately, not yet. This is the only device we know supporting it and rateType = 2 was not yet added for it.