Danfoss Living Connect

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Mogenskahr

Danfoss Living Connect

Post by Mogenskahr »

Does z-wave.me support the Danfoss Living Connect Thermostat that has come on the market this Month?
PoltoS

We are working on it right now!

Post by PoltoS »

Current version of Z-Cloud does support Danfoss Living Connect Thermostats in a user friendly way. See below how to use it.
aspliid

any news about this? I have

Post by aspliid »

any news about this? I have bought one (so far), and will be glad to help testing or debugging.
pvdspek

I'm interested too!

Post by pvdspek »

I'm interested too!
By the way, will the similar Danfoss Link system, and more particular the Link CC room thermostat, be supported as well?
aspliid

not likely...

Post by aspliid »

As far as I know, the Living Connect thermostat is the only device that is "open" z-wave. The room thermostat uses a proprietary protocol. Read about it here:
http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=15
PoltoS

support for Danfoss products

Post by PoltoS »

Dear aspliid and pvdspek, current online version of Z-Cloud does support Danfoss Living Connect thermostat in a slightly limited way. We have still no interface for direct control of the thermostat, but you can define schedules and upload them to the thermostat.
To do this go to Map tab, select a zone the device should be in, use Place devices on the map button to place the device (you will see in the tree of area that the device is in the needed area; press Show devices in tree button if needed). Then go to Climate schedules, and define a schedule for the area hosting the thermostat. You are nearly done: right click in the name of that schedule and press Activate climate schedule.
To understand that the thermostat uses the schedule look at the LCD: it should show 18 degrees. Do not worry about these 18 degrees, Danfos Living Connect TRV shows so called SetPoint temperature and not SetPoint+SetBack (the temperature it should maintain). We do not know why Danfoss did it in that way...
Very soon we will make an update with a lot of changes and overrides of scheduled temperature will be among them. Stay tuned!
About Danfoss/Devi Link products: they are fully compatible with Z-Wave on transport and session layers (can participate in routing), but not on application layer: they use Proprietary Command Class to implement their own protocol over Z-Wave. We will never support them, since Danfoss do not want to open us their protocol. Danfoss Livinig Connect is the only device to support both Danfoss proproetary and Z-Wave standard ThermostatSetpoint+ClimateControlSchedule Command Classes.
pvdspek

Thank you for the information

Post by pvdspek »

Thank you for the information!

I just don't understand why Danfoss introduced multiple new Z-Wave devices and made only one of them fully compliant... >:-(
Why all the effort of using a proprietary protocol, frustrating all Z-wave users?

I had high expectations of this new Danfoss Link system to control my hydro-floor heating system and boiler. It would've been the long awaited replacement for the CF2 system, that uses a proprietary Z-wave protocol as well.
Too bad the only room thermostat available still is the Horstmann.
PoltoS

Danfoss Living Connect and Horstmann HRT4-ZW are fully supported

Post by PoltoS »

Dear aspliid and pvdspek,

You can now enjoy your Danfoss Living Connect devices with Z-Cloud.

Follow these steps to have full control of your devices:
1) re-include your thermostats (or exculde and include again, or press Froce interview on Device configuration tab in Expert mode; we have changed slightly our internal data structure since last Z-Cloud version).
2) If you want to play with your device manually, got to Device Control -> Thermostat and play!
3) If you want it to be controlled via schedules, place your device in a zone, add a climate schedule for this zone in Automation -> Climate schedule, activate it (using context menu or in Automation -> Zones states window) and Switch thermostat in Automatic mode on the Device Control -> Thermostat window.
4) You can shift your schedule for the whole zone in Automation -> Zones states window or for a particular thermostat in Device Control -> Thermostat window).

Horstmann have no internal climate schedules, so we are emulating them in Z-Way.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask us! It would be great if you give us some feedback on the thermostat implementation.

Note, that it works only in Chrome/Firefox and Safari! We don not support other browsers.

Z-Way/Z-Cloud manual would be updated very soon.
aspliid

This is great news. I have

Post by aspliid »

This is great news. I have successfull tried manually setting a setpoint, and retrieving a setpoint set manually on the thermostat. However I have encountered a problem. The number of unsent packets seems to build up, for every wakeup event - see screenclips here:
http://musikelev.dk/clip1.png
http://musikelev.dk/clip2.png
I'm using the Aeon Labs z-stick. Please let me know if you need more info for debugging.
PoltoS

Working to fix it. UPD: problem was fixed

Post by PoltoS »

Dear aspliid,

We have also encountered this several times. We are currently trying to locate the bug. This is certainly in MultiCmd Command Class and affects only Danfoss Living Connect device.

We will inform you once it would be fixed. In the mean time, could you please send us a screenshot of the Z-Way queue. Got to Network->Network management, switch to Expert mode and press Inspect queue button (on the top) and make a screenshot of first jobs in the queue (at the top). This will help us to find the problem faster.