Danfoss Living Connect

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pallegd

The story continues

Post by pallegd »

hm. Now it seems I have encountered the next hurdle: Now, everything seems to be controlled by the climate schedule. In "Device control -> Thermostats" all thermostats reports 22 deg C in accordance with the schedul. BUT: the display on the actual thermostats says 18 deg C on all of them. At first, I thought that this was OK in accordance with a previous post (something about showing only SetPoint, not SetPoint + SetBack), BUT the radiators have all gone cold, and the room temperature has dropped to 19 (as measured with a thermometer).
Have switched back to manual control (not to upset the wife too much) for now. Any help on this greatly appreciated!
carbonem

Is your software what I'm looking for?

Post by carbonem »

Hi.

I'm interested in get Danfoss Living Connect (or similar thermostats if anybody knows something better that can be bought in Europe) without buying the very expensive Link CC by Danfoss.

I was considering buying "Z-Wave Vesternet Z-Wave USB Controller", plug it into my server in the basement (running windows or linux) and then control the thermostats.

My question is: can I do that? Is yours software ok for controlling the thermostats?

What is it that I can do with Danfoss LInk CC but I cannot do with your sw?

Thanks a lot in advance!
PoltoS

Yes, Z-Cloud/Z-Way is able to control Danfoss Living Connect

Post by PoltoS »

We are not experts in Link CC product line, but Z-Cloud seems to offer exactly the same functionality being more complex and hence more flexible. Z-Cloud is able to control new Danfoss Living Connect in two ways: maintain predefined temperature or follow a 7 days schedule defined in Z-Cloud.

Note, that for proper work of the Danfos Living Connect you have to keep you Z-Cloud instance connected. Otherwise it will drain batteries to fast.

Vesternet dongle is ok. Z-Connector (that will connect your dongle with Z-Cloud) runs on both Windows and Linux (Linux is better for persistance reasons)
PoltoS

Replied in another post

Post by PoltoS »

See this post
sulumanca

Turns out the thermostats

Post by sulumanca »

Turns out the thermostats were not properly included in a zone and hence did not react to the climate schedule.
Soepkip

Required hardware

Post by Soepkip »

EDIT: Can you read the current room temperature from a Danfoss Living Connect Radiator Valve??

What is the (minimum) hardware requirement to run a Danfoss living connect setup?

I have central heating with 4 radiators to which I want to connect Danfoss living connect thermostatic valves.

Would you be able to use:

4x Danfoss Living Connect
1x Relais for boiler
1x Z-wave.me stick
Z-Cloud

...and make the boiler relais switch ON when one of the Danfoss Living Connect valves have a "demand" for heating? (E.g. room temp is below setpoint)

Or do you need an additional temperature sensor / thermostat as well? (In every room? One Master room? Can I use my Horsmann HRT4-ZW in combination with the Danfoss LC valves?)

pz1

Afaik you can not read the

Post by pz1 »

Afaik you can not read the actual (room) temperature from the DLC. You will need a separate room sensor to switch the boiler. My boiler regulates its water temperature on the basis of time of day and inside/outside temperatures. My test-DLC is only eating lots of batteries (well not any more because I took them out)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Soepkip

So that would mean I could do

Post by Soepkip »

So that would mean I could do:

1x room thermostat
1x boiler relay
3x DLC
1x normal radiator valve, fully open, to prevent "short-circuit" of the boiler, of install a bypass valve
1x Zwave stick & Z-cloud
pz1

Yes I have a settable short

Post by pz1 »

Yes I have a settable short circuit valve some 5 meters away from the boiler.
I must stress again that my only DLC has never properly worked with SynoZwave, OpenRemote, or Zwave.me. So far the latter has come closest.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
ElBoonOS

Re: Danfoss Living Connect

Post by ElBoonOS »

Hi All - apologies for bumping back up such an old topic - but it looks like that this forum and especially @PoltoS seem to be the only place online that has such a narrow expertise on the Danfoss Living connect series.

I bought these 6 years ago before starting my renovation and as my renovatino is finished .. I'm trying to bring them back alive :-)

> Connecting them and changing the setpoints seem to be fairly straight forward.

But as mentioned here before .. there is a bug/feature that makes sure there is a difference between what the TRV shows and the temperature it tries to reach. It shows SetPoint and it does Setpoint + SetBack.

In that case SetBack is the value (+ or -) that's defined by the Climate Schedule - as described on https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/ ... cation.pdf

I also see 'OverRide State' & 'OverRide Setbback'
Defaulted to 'none' (allow temporary and permanent) & '127' (=not used)

My questions:
* Is there anyone who can explain to me how the 'override state' & 'override setback' should work? Or what command I could use to set hem
* What if the 'Override Setback' is set to 127? will it take setpoint? or will it simply not work?

I'm trying to control the valves from the controller and not by a fixed schedule. The wake-up interval has been set to 60 seconds & the Batteries have been replaced by (will be) dummies that are connected to an 6V power adatper