unable to get temp/humidity with ST814

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
AoSiX

unable to get temp/humidity with ST814

Post by AoSiX »

Hello,

I'm a newbie in the automation world, and i've bought a AEON ZStick S2, a simple switch ON/OFF and the EVERSpring ST814 temp/humidity detector.

I want to use Z-Wave.me to control my Z-Wave network, because it's free and a cloud solution is cool to control your home when you're away.

But i've a problem : Z-Cloud never recieve the temperature/humidity from my device. ANd i don't know what to do to solve the problem. Can someone help me ?
PoltoS

With Everspring ST814 you have to poll

Post by PoltoS »

You have to poll device periodically to get temperature and humidity values from it. Also note that ST814 have a bug that do not allow to poll both values at the same time (otherwise the device mixes them). So, you have to use some special tricks.Refer to the following post to get the Polling script with workaround for this ST814 bug. The default polling script might not account for this particular bug. Check your polling script in area called "Network" which is under top level area ("Demo flat" if you have not renamed it).If you do not receive updated values with this script too, check the Device control->Sensors page to see last update time of both values for this device and check last wakeup time on Device control->Devices status. If the device wakes up to few times per day, just change it's wakeup time to some smaller value.Also check that the Polling is active in Automation->Schedules.Hope this will help
AoSiX

Hi,

Post by AoSiX »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already use the script the you linked in your post. So i don't think this is the problem.

i tried everything you said, but i still don't have any informations.

I tried this too : i set the ST814 as awake by hitting 3 times the config button, and while he was awake, i clicked the "Update button" of the sensor #1 .... but no result. ( i always have '?' ).

One last thing : the battery level is shown a 1% ... but the batteries are new :/

Thanks for helping, i'm gonna think that my sensor is broken ( i bought it 4 days ago ... )
AoSiX

Maybe this will help :

Post by AoSiX »

Maybe this will help :

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6661/capturedg.png ; log when i click the #1 update button of my sensor
AoSiX

With the good size... http:/

Post by AoSiX »

PoltoS

Where is no reply from the sensor

Post by PoltoS »

I see only confirmation of delivery of the Get command to the sensor, but no response from it. So, it should be an issue in the sensor.
AoSiX

Yet it it...

Post by AoSiX »

Hi,

i just opened my second ST814, and it works fine.... the first one seems to be broken :(

thanks for helping