Danfoss living connect implementation error?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pallegd

Danfoss living connect implementation error?

Post by pallegd »

Let me try to be more detailed about the problems I have with the Danfoss living connect

- I can easily control the temperature manually by changing the temperature under "Device control -> Thermostats when in manual mode". This works well.

- I have created a climate schedule, which should be a 18 degrees from 0:10 to 8:10 and 21 deg the rest of the time.

- When I activate the climate schedule, the displayed temperature under "Thermostats" follows the schedule.

- In expert mode under "Expert commands", I can verify that the ClimateControlSchedule is correct for each of the three devices (thermostats) I have. There are two control points for each day:

7:
hour: 0 (8:51)
minute: 10 (8:51)
state: 0 (8:51)
valid: true (8:51)

8:
hour: 8 (8:51)
state: 30 (8:51)

I intepret this such that at 0:10, temperature should be at the set-point (of 18 degrees) on the thermostat, and at 8:10 it should change to 18+3=21 degrees

So I am assuming that "state" denotes the delta T from 18 degrees in units of 1/10 of a deg C. Is this correct?

Nontheless, my Danfoss living connect thermostats does not react at all at our around 8:10, so I am wondering if there is some error in the implementation for the Danfoss living connect.

Devices configuration reports Application version 2.6, SDK version 4.28. COuld there be a change in Danfoss' implementation that you are not aware of?

When I read about the living connect elsewhere, it seems to be what is called a setback thermostat, i.e., there is a defined comfort temperature (the setpoint), and then there is a setback temperature for energy saving. This seems to be the opposite of your implementation with a fixed low setpoint (18) and then a delta depending on the climate schedule. Please comment.

Thanks in advance for your feed-back.

PoltoS

We will check it agains our Danfoss Living Connect device

Post by PoltoS »

Please let us check again. It might happen that after last update we have broken something :)

We will get back to you as soon as we chech and fix the problem (if any).

Thanks!
pallegd

Thanks!

Post by pallegd »

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. If you need any further debug information from me, please let me know.

BR
Palle
pallegd

Any update?

Post by pallegd »

Any update on this?

Eagerly awaiting...

Thanks,
Palle
PoltoS

We have found a bug in current Z-Cloud version

Post by PoltoS »

It prevents Living Connect device to work properly.

We are locating it. Please be patient - we will let you know once done.
PoltoS

Please check our new version

Post by PoltoS »

There are some minor fixes in this version. Now your Living Connect should be supported much better.

Please check that it receives schedule updates and follow them. Be so kind to report us back your results.
pallegd

Unfortunately it does not work

Post by pallegd »

Sorry for the delay in reporting back, I have been travelling

I have been digging a little deeper. Unfortunately, my programming skills are a Fortran 77 level, but I looked a bit at this:

http://code.google.com/p/open-zwave/sou ... hedule.cpp

It seems that what we want to play with is the Setback value (which is in 0.1 deg C). But when I look at the ClimateControlSchedule for one of the thermostats:
8:
hour: 8 (8:51)
state: 30 (8:51)

the switch point deals with "state", which according to the above code seems to be something else. Could it be that "state" should somehow be replaced with "Setback"?
Sorry if this is completely ignorant, I am really just trying to help and would really like for this to work.

THanks,
Palle
PoltoS

state in our code is the value to be sent out according to ...

Post by PoltoS »

... Comman Class specification. So, this value is correct and means +3 deg to SetPint value. This is ok.

Hence, you should see in the queue inspector that such packet is sent out to the device on it's wakeup. The question is: is it correctly delivered or not? If it is not, make a screenshot of the queue and tell us the time of the event. We will try to debug the problem. If it is, the problem is in Danfoss.

But I think it is due to packet delivery problems. Danfoss living connect behaves in a quite strange way and since Danfoss do not share with us the exact scenario programmed in the device, we have to guess it.
pz1

Does Danfoss LC perform as may be expected from specifications?

Post by pz1 »

I am using this site since a couple of days. It really helps me understand Z-Wave (I have Aeon Z-stick+Duwi switch). My ultimate goal is controlling Danfoss LC.
Has the above issue been solved in the meantime, or have you come to a firm conclusion wrt the Danfoss device.
I have another related question on the LC. In some other fora I noticed that one could set the temperature setpoint of the device, but it took the LC at least an hour to respond. Do you know if that occurs in your solution? It would be good to know for sure whether that is another flaw in LC from the perspective of an open Zwave interface?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

The issue was solved.

Post by PoltoS »

As for SetPoint responsiveness, Living Connect is a battery powered device and it wakes up from time to time. The default period is 5 minutes, so it takes not more than 5 minutes to communicate the new value to the thermostat. This wakeup interval can be changed to longer values to save battery, but the responsiveness of the device becomes worse. For example if it wakes up once per hour, you will not be able to change SetPoint too often.

On the other hand, Danfoss Living Connect supports Climate Schedule Control, that allows you to set up a schedule and it will follow it itself. As for now, only Z-Way/Z-Cloud support it. This is a better way to use your thermostat than to send SetPoint several times per day.