Yale Real Living Cap-Touch Lever Lock | incomplete interview

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
attilahooper

Yale Real Living Cap-Touch Lever Lock | incomplete interview

Post by attilahooper »

Hello all Zway aficionados ! This is my first post and i would like to ask for assistance.
as noted: Real Living Cap-Touch Lever Lock

In device config I see: Interview is not complete
In device status I see: Version | force re-interview

from the log, I see
[2014-09-01 21:29:26.180] SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.134.data.hardwareVersion = Empty
[2014-09-01 21:29:26.182] SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.134.data.firmwareCount = 0 (0x00000000)

The device is responding fast and correctly for all other command classes. I have repeated the interview many times and the razberrry is within 1 meter.

Is this a problem with the XML ? from the ZDDX files Yale Capt-Touch Lever is 313-0129-0001-0000-03-03-21-03-30.xml

I am looking at the command classes, and being a n00b, wondering if one of them should be edited/deleted for the HardwareVersion which is not being reported.

<commandClass secure="true" id="0086"/>
<commandClass id="0020"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0072"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0098"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0071" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0085" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0080" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0070" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0062" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="004c" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0075" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false" version="2"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="004e" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false" version="3"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="008a" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="008b" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>
<commandClass secure="true" id="0063" nonSecure="false" inNIF="false"/>

I have also noticed other property problem: The following modes do not exist per my knowledge. In the Yale manual there is only a "Lockout mode"

-<configParam number="8" default="00" size="1" type="constant">
-<name>
lang xml:lang="en">Operating Mode</lang>
</name>
-<description>
<lang xml:lang="en"/>
</description>
-<value to="00" from="00">
-<description>
lang xml:lang="en">Normal Mode</lang>
</description>
</value>
-<value to="01" from="01">
-<description>
<lang xml:lang="en">Vacation Mode - all user codes disabled</lang>
</description>
</value>
-<value to="02" from="02">
-<description>
<lang xml:lang="en">Privacy Mode - all user codes disabled and RF Lock/Unlock disabled</lang>
</description>
</value>
</configParam>
pofs

Re: Yale Real Living Cap-Touch Lever Lock | incomplete inter

Post by pofs »

Leave ZDDX alone for now, as it doesn't have any effect on interview results.

It is hard to tell without a complete log file, so I'm just guessing now. But it seems your lock has some command class in NIF, but doesn't correctly report its version. Please provide the entire log for Version force interview start to the end.
attilahooper

Post by attilahooper »

ok thx ! log shared from dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/329 ... erview.txt

To clarify for everyone - I had two questions
1) why the interview of Hardware Version does not succeed & 2) the three operating modes are not available on the Yale real living locks, only lockout mode. Which is supposed to lockout RF access and user key-codes (except admin)

thx in advance !
pofs

Post by pofs »

Your lock doesn't answer to Security version and Battery version requests.

Hardware info is only reported by Version v2 and higher. Your lock has Version v1, so hardware version is undefined.
attilahooper

Post by attilahooper »

Thanks very much. Is there a downside to not having a complete interview ? Is there something I can modify for this version of the lock ?
pofs

Post by pofs »

Just ignore it. Both Battery and Security currently exist only as v1, so it shouldn't lead to any problems.
attilahooper

Post by attilahooper »

Thanks for your assist !
edit: I just wanted to add for others future reference, my Yale lock is model# YRL-220ZW0BP - oil rubbed bronze - It's a handsome lock :)
The Yale2you website has another model # for this: YRL220-NR-0BP
I have an email into yale service to confirm model #s and hardware versions.
attilahooper

Post by attilahooper »

I emailed the folks at Yale/Asso Abloy to define this issue. The product management team was very quick in responding to me. They state that they will attempt to acquire a controller and see what is going on.
Edit for clarity:
They state that 1) there has only been one FW version of the lock. I have the latest firmware version of the z-wave module and 2) that it is capable of reporting it's and the locks FW version. .

If you would like further further contact info in this regard, please pm or email me.
pofs

Post by pofs »

attilahooper wrote:If you would like further further contact info in this regard, please pm or email me.
It would be great if you write the follow-ups here.
It would be interesting for us, and probably helpful for other users.
attilahooper

Post by attilahooper »

If I get any info I will certainly post here. But in my last comm with Yale/AssoAbloy they simply state my FW version of the Zwave model was latest rev.2 and it should respond with it's hw version.
&
They will ask engineers to acquire Raz-pi for testing. I have no commitment they will do so or respond to me.

btw, they did not mention security version so I wonder if indeed the product team knows specifically what parameters are not being reported.

What I meant by, please contact or PM me is; I have the product team's email addresses but refrain from posting publicly. If someone wants to further the discussion with them I'll gladly forward you the discussion I had with them. At this time I do not have the knowledge to have a discussion with engineering to define the issue.