Problematic Z-Wave devices list

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Problematic Z-Wave devices list

Post by pz1 »

This topic was opened to get a better overview of (partially) failing Z-Wave devices. I do hope other users will help to collect well documented cases. I'll try to keep the summary on this first page updated.
This list far from complete. It is based on reports on this forum. I may have missed some of the reports. Send me a PM with a link if I overlooked your report.
There are some guesses that 10% of the Z-Wave devices are flawed. This can happen a.o. because of non-conformity to Z-Wave specifications, weaknesses in the Z-Wave specifications, and quality standards for manufacturing, ...
thaui

Re: Problematic Z-Wave devices list

Post by thaui »

Good idea to have a list available. But more important is when the problems will be solved. Gen 5 seems to be a serious issue.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

thaui wrote:But more important is when the problems will be solved.
The quality of this topic is totally dependent on feedback that I receive. Both on problems and solutions! So please keep reporting with details on which devices have which problems. Links to problem descriptions are welcome too
thaui

Post by thaui »

I do see some positive movement in the right direction. RC33 works quite well but no doubt PST02-1B and ZD2102-5 still not working but I am more optimistic that finaly a reliable system will be at the end. I hope verry soon because I am in the test phase since 5 months.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I am waiting for a decent system since I joined three years ago. My experience with projects that take this long to mature, have little chance for survival. So Ikeep my fingers crossed as my production system still is badly crashing every 10 days or so....
thaui

Post by thaui »

But you are still running it. So seems not be so bad!?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

thaui wrote:But you are still running it. So seems not be so bad!?
Yes, I am running it; but no one else in the house is willing to take responsibility, because it is too awkward.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I am still interested in well documented device failures. I you have any such cases posted on this forum, please send me a PM, and I'll add the device to the list in the first post of this topic.

Please no failing devices reports here.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pz1 wrote:This topic was opened to get a better overview of (partially) failing Z-Wave devices. I do hope other users will help to collect well documented cases. I'll try to keep the summary on this first page updated.
Strangely, this compatibility list declare both devices as being compatible :shock:
pofs

Post by pofs »

pz1 wrote:Strangely, this compatibility list declare both devices as being compatible :shock:
That list seems to have no single device incompatible with Z-Way :) Probably it is not very accurate.