Yale Lock [Device Appears Dead]

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
CudaNet

Yale Lock [Device Appears Dead]

Post by CudaNet »

Hi again, I've searched through the various threads and I'll do my best to supply all the information necessary to direct me to a solution. The lock is a Yale YRL220-ZW-619 and was purchased 2 weeks ago and installed. I've had issues and have paired/unpaired - repeat etc.

Problem:
Lock interviews perfectly when the controller (Raspberry Pi2) is within inches of the lock. I wait (perhaps not long enough) and verify that the interview is indeed complete. After I move my controller back to it's permanent location (10-15 feet away) the lock via the expert UI indicates the device seems to be dead. The closet where it's installed has a Fibaro Multi-sensor, a Fortrezz Mimolite (mains) and a few feet away there is a Aeotec Siren (mains) and Leviton Switch (mains). All working perfectly in the same/greater distance. I cannot control this lock at all using the UI (/smarthome). When operating the lock locally, nothing is updated on the UI. I've added to the log (attached) the timeframe when I unlocked the lock locally. As you can see, it appears the lock is conversing with the controller.

Edit: Or is this perhaps the resolution I'm seeking (I just don't know) ?
https://github.com/jensmoes/Niffler/issues/4

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Code: Select all

Interview-Status	
Interview complete
+ +++ +++++++++++++
Wireless Activity	
Device seems to be dead

Application version	

SDK version	

Command Class	
Basic, DoorLockLogging, ScheduleEntryLock, DoorLock, UserCode, Configuration, Alarm, ManufacturerSpecific, Protection, Battery, Association, Version, Time, TimeParameters, Security,

Security interview	(check mark)
Lock Firmware(tag on module):
US2.0 CP2-5-3
ZWDF806034

Device:
SDK: 4.55.0
App Version: 2.6

Network:
Vendor: RaZberry by Z-Wave.Me
Z-Wave Chip: ZW0500
SDK 6.51.03
Serial API Version: 05.00
Version number: v2.2.2
Compile-ID: d2212e41b6487bf6efe6df730db05571edc64915
Compile-Date: 2016-04-11 11:00:34 +0300
Attachments
YaleLock.png
YaleLock.png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 9845 times
z-way-serverYaleInterview.zip
z-way-server Log
(34.47 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
PoltoS

Re: Yale Lock [Device Appears Dead]

Post by PoltoS »

I would suggest to update routes of all mains powered around the lock and only if they will see the lock, then update lock's neighbours.

If this will not help, check that your devices around the lock are modern enough. Some old devices had problems with emitting wakeup beam to FLiRS devices. This means they are not able to wake up the lock. To check it try to emit NIF sequence on the lock constantly and try to ping it from the controller at that time (pretty hard to sync both processes...)
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

@PoltoS,

Tried that with no luck. You indicate modern devices but I'm not sure what exactly I need to place in close proximity to alleviate this. So I thought this might be an adequate test. 2 hours ago I moved the Pi/Z-way into the room and set it on the chair closest to the lock. I'd say 1-2 feet at most. Nothing what so ever, device appears dead. So then I wrapped the power cord around the lock handle and left it hanging there basically touching the lock itself. In those two hours, it hasn't lost communication once. I'm able to lock and unlock without issues. I'm going to leave it this way overnight so I can assess the result in the morning.

Edit: 20+ hours later, the device shows active.

Thoughts ?
PoltoS wrote:I would suggest to update routes of all mains powered around the lock and only if they will see the lock, then update lock's neighbours.

If this will not help, check that your devices around the lock are modern enough. Some old devices had problems with emitting wakeup beam to FLiRS devices. This means they are not able to wake up the lock. To check it try to emit NIF sequence on the lock constantly and try to ping it from the controller at that time (pretty hard to sync both processes...)
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

I went ahead and upgraded the firmware and boot loader to the latest available.
I then loaded the latest s/w version 2.2.4-rc1

Was originally

SDK 6.51.03 
Serial API Version: 05.00
Version number:	v2.2.2
Now I'm at

SDK Version: 6.51.06
Serial API Version: 05.04
Version number:	v2.2.4-rc4
Looks like we lost reorganization and timing info. I'll evaluate this and see if this resolves the issues I was observing.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

I lost also the reorganization and timing info, this seems to be deactivated in this 2.2.4-rc4 version.
Just for your information.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

enbemokel wrote:I lost also the reorganization and timing info, this seems to be deactivated in this 2.2.4-rc4 version.
Same here on two rc4 installations
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

I discovered after the upgrade of my bootloader that I was set to EU (default perhaps). Changed it to US and now I have the options for Reorganization and Timings (which originally appeared grey). Oddly enough, reorganization, when invoked, doesn't appear to output any details whatsoever but when I observe job queues. Sure enough, it appears to be operating in the background.

I'm still far from accomplishing a better route for my devices which are all (at the moment) concentrated to a 15 - 20 foot area. 1 leviton in-wall switch and this Yale lock are still going inactive on me.
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

I added many switches (mains) throughout the house and the lock is now working.. @Poltos, thanks for the tip of adding more devices (routing capable). The one's I had in proximity weren't enough to solve the distance problem. I first thought I might have had a bad lock/zwave-radio or a rogue z-wave device on my network.

Much appreciated..
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Lock have a lot of metalic parts, so antenna efficiency is pretty bad. Nice that it works now!