Fibaro FGS-222 relay association

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Spacerat

Fibaro FGS-222 relay association

Post by Spacerat »

Hello together!

I have 2 Fibaro FGS-222 relay and i would like to keep switch 1 and 2 of both relays in sync.

How can I achieve this with associations??

Relay A:
In group 1 I have: (#1.1) Z-Way & (#3.0) Fibaro Relay B
In group 2 I have: (#1.2) Z-Way & (#3.2) Fibaro Relay B

Relay B:
In group 1 I have: (#1.1) Z-Way & (#2.0) Fibaro Relay A
In group 2 I have: (#1.2) Z-Way & (#2.2) Fibaro Relay A

If I press switch one on relay a, then switch 1 on relay b is not changed. What did I wrong?

Background:
In the living room I have 2 lights which are switchted with relay A switch 1 & 2
Now I need two switches in a different place in the room, but there is no connection to the lights or to the relay a.

My idea is to install two new switches connected to relay b. With relay a & relay b switch 1 it should be possible to switch light 1 on and off. With relay a & relay b switch 2 it should be possible to switch light 2 on and off.

Power supply for relay b (N&L) is available.
gsaw

Re: Fibaro FGS-222 relay association

Post by gsaw »

I tested it, if i associate 2.1 for example with 3.0 it does not work too. Try to associate 2.1 with 3.1 and 2.2 with 3.2 and vice versa.

Strange, after I associated 2.1 with 3.0 over expert GUI i can't remove this association anymore.
bogr

Post by bogr »

gsaw wrote:Strange, after I associated 2.1 with 3.0 over expert GUI i can't remove this association anymore.
I've had the same problems with associations in the expert GUI, not being able to remove certain associations. Using the API does not help either :(. It's quite flakey IMHO.
Spacerat

Post by Spacerat »

gsaw wrote:I tested it, if i associate 2.1 for example with 3.0 it does not work too. Try to associate 2.1 with 3.1 and 2.2 with 3.2 and vice versa.

Strange, after I associated 2.1 with 3.0 over expert GUI i can't remove this association anymore.
Thanks, this seems to work now!

But i have still some questions:

FGS-222 has 2 relays in one module.
Why are there 3 switches in Z-Way x.0, x.1 & x.2?
x.2 is easy -> Physical switch 2 is linked to virtual switch x.2 (both are always in sync)
x.0 -> physical switch is linked to virtual switch x.0
x.1 is not linked with physical switch but you can also turn light on/off with this virtual switch

What is the purpose of these two switches x.0 & x.1?
Why can i switch both of them independent in Z-Way?
Why do I need to associate x.1 as Target to link relays?
gsaw

Post by gsaw »

I'm not sure, i think 0 is whole device, 1 and 2 are channels. 1th channel is relay one and 2nd channel is relay two. Therefore you have to associate corresponding channels not the whole device. I think formerly there wasn't "channels"-feature. It was only one device with one function. "0" is also for compatibility with old devices. Therefore 0 seems to be associated with channel 1 by default.
bogr

Post by bogr »

You can use 0 to switch both channels (switches) - by configuring appropriate params.
Spacerat

Post by Spacerat »

gsaw wrote:I'm not sure, i think 0 is whole device, 1 and 2 are channels. 1th channel is relay one and 2nd channel is relay two. Therefore you have to associate corresponding channels not the whole device. I think formerly there wasn't "channels"-feature. It was only one device with one function. "0" is also for compatibility with old devices. Therefore 0 seems to be associated with channel 1 by default.
OK, but why is the physical switch S1 connected to x.0? If x.0 where the whole device and x.1 the first switch, this would make sense.