Fibaro and Z-wave.uno

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
fogmajor

Fibaro and Z-wave.uno

Post by fogmajor »

Hi
Please excuse my ignorance but I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction. I own a Fibaro HC2 which I have just about come to terms with. I am unhappy about having to use specific Z wave products so I purchased a Z-Uno. I have managed to set it up in sketch and also managed to add it to my z wave network using a basic blink example.
This is what I am trying to achieve. I need to control multiple relays (home made board) connected to the z-uno via fibaro.
I don't need sensors just as many I/O as I can. I would normally post my attempts at code but am at a loss.

In anticipation many thanks

Regards
Andrew
micky1500

Re: Fibaro and Z-wave.uno

Post by micky1500 »

There are some examples that will do that.
'Simple Switch', or 'Four power relays' add more Outputs if needed.
https://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/

It's normal to use opto isolators to protect z-uno from the relays.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
fogmajor

Post by fogmajor »

Hi Micky1500
Many thanks for your prompt and informative reply.
I have downloaded the sketch and uploaded to the z-uno without issue.
I then put Fibaro in learning mode, activate the Z-uno and the board is discovered. Should it display all 4 outputs is do you have to step through them?

Regards
Andrew
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

I don't know about the Fibaro HC2
But if you see the bottom picture in the example.
It shows 4 output controls (in Russian) in a z-wave page, I would think Fibaro should do something similar.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
fogmajor

Post by fogmajor »

Many thanks I will investigate

Regards
Andrew