For me including this device was a roller-coaster. Mostly due to the lack of a proper written manual, that covers ALL configuration parameters..
For some the default automatic reporting might work out of box and no changes are desired. I however log all values to a database to create visualizations of my actuators, so time based reports of consumption value are useful to me.
In my installation case, I ran into some added complexity. Where at first I though my device was broken. I got 0 watt usage on clamp 1, that after inspection was clearly the right value. While phase number two was utilized a whopping 30 Amps, a surprise.
To a huge surprise, I needed a hidden parameter 13 to be disabled to get my meter to automatically report meter readings.
After disabling, it is recommended to re-associate the device to the Z-way controller. (Use the ExpertUI and the Device it's expert configuration, to set the association)
I am still a bit dumbfounded, as CRC16 is to protect from some nasty value corruptions. So I enabled parameter 13, which didn't seem to break reporting.
A few things I think everyone should know about getting this device to work:
- Lets start with some fundamental understanding of the clamps, ensure that the primary current flows into K and out of L. Otherwise you'll see negative values being reported. Not well described in the manual
- Advice to offset the reporting intervals from other report groups.
- Keep in mind you can easily flood your network by choosing too short periods OR configuring low usage change threshold parameters.
- Parameter 2; controls meter behavior for reporting, change is needed when to also generating electricity and only used in cooperation for measure reports from 101, 102 and 103.
- Parameter 3; You either enable (default) automatic reporting, triggered by change in wattage usage (parameters 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) OR disable and use the reporting groups in parameter. (101,102 and 103)
- Parameter 4; Change in total watt usage.
- Parameter 5; Change in watt usage clamp 1.
- Parameter 6; Change in watt usage clamp 2.
- Parameter 7; Change in watt usage clamp 3.
- Parameter 8; Change in percentage of total watt usage.
- Parameter 9; Change in percentage of watt usage for clamp 1.
- Parameter 10; Change in percentage of watt usage for clamp 2.
- Parameter 11; Change in percentage of watt usage for clamp 3.
- Parameter 13; This enables or disables CRC16 reporting.
- Parameter 101; Configure Reporting group 1 logging by setting an calculated decimal value.
- Parameter 102; Configure Reporting group 1 logging by setting an calculated decimal value.
- Parameter 103; Configure Reporting group 1 logging by setting an calculated decimal value.
- Parameter 111; Configure Reporting group 1 reporting interval in seconds. (offset and don't flood network)
- Parameter 112; Configure Reporting group 1 reporting interval in seconds. (offset and don't flood network)
- Parameter 113; Configure Reporting group 1 reporting interval in seconds. (offset and don't flood network)
- Parameter 200; PartnerID, not need to adjust. (not even sure what it even does)
- Parameter 252; Enable/Disable Lock configuration. (I don't know if it can be reversed, manual doesn't state)
- Parameter 255; Reset default config or reset and factory reset. (Z-Way default values deviate from the manual)
You sum up the decimal values of the described report "features" you want to be report.
Code: Select all
decimal feature description value 1 Report Total KWH 2 Report Total Watt 4 Report Total Voltage (likely redundant value of clamp 1) 8 Report Total Current (Amps) 256 Report Watt for Clamp 1 512 Report Watt for Clamp 2 1024 Report Watt for Clamp 3 2048 Report KWH for Clamp 1 4096 Report KWH for Clamp 2 8192 Report KWH for Clamp 3 65536 Report Voltage for Clamp 1 131072 Report Voltage for Clamp 2 262144 Report Voltage for Clamp 3 524288 Report Current (A) for Clamp 1 1048576 Report Current (A) for Clamp 2 2097152 Report Current (A) for Clamp 3
That sum is the value you put in the report group (101, 102 or 103)
After configuring the reporting intervals in parameters 111, 112 and 113. Makes sure parameter 3 is disabled, it seems you cannot use both!
Questions and remarks are welcome!