Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostats causing errors

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
intveltr

Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostats causing errors

Post by intveltr »

I have 3 Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostats in my setup. The devices themselves function fine, but they cause an error (and more annoyingly: an email notification) whenever I change the setpoint from the GUI. The log shows the following:

Code: Select all

[2021-08-17 06:00:15.128] [I] [zway] Adding job: ThermostatSetPoint Set to node 66
[2021-08-17 06:00:15.129] [I] [zway] Adding job: ThermostatSetPoint Get to node 66
[2021-08-17 06:00:15.129] [I] [zway] Node 66:0 CC ThermostatMode: Thermostat Mode 1 is not supported by device (modemask 0x0)
[2021-08-17 06:00:15.130] [I] [core] Notification: error (module): Error during perform command execution: Error: Invalid argument
[2021-08-17 06:00:15.133] [I] [core] Error: Invalid argument
    at Error (native)
    at t_vDev.(anonymous function).self.controller.devices.create.handler (automation/modules/ZWave/index.js:5439:61)
    at _.extend.performCommand (automation/classes/VirtualDevice.js:376:25)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest._.extend.performVDevCommandFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:442:51)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.handlerFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:3983:30)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.ZAutomationWebRequest.handleRequest (automation/WebserverRequestRouter.js:250:35)
    at automation/WebserverRequestRouter.js:32:29
    at WebServer.document_root (automation/Webserver.js:40:31)
[2021-08-17 06:00:15.134] [I] [core] Notification: device-info (device-status): {"dev":"Thermostat Bedroom (#66)","l":"18 °C","location":7}
On firmware 3.1.4. The thermostat does indeed not support setting modes as far as I know; it's always on, and heating only.
PoltoS

Re: Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostats causing errors

Post by PoltoS »

I think you need to force interview. Z-Way reports that modemask = 0, which means data is corrupted or comes from old version.

If that does not help, show us the force interview log
intveltr

Post by intveltr »

Already tried to re-interview, that didn't help. Log is attached, the device is #36
Attachments
hrt4-interview.zip
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hm.. okey. The device does not support ThermostatMode. It does only control it (send commands to other devices). This is a very special case not accounted in our engine.... We need to fix it.

Does the error happen when you try to change the temperature?
intveltr

Post by intveltr »

Yes, it happens when I change the setpoint through ZWave.
The device does not have a mode, like a regular heating thermostat it is always on.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The implementation of this device is pretty wrong. It is possible to fix it, but requires some hacks. You can stop Z-Way, open <homeID>-DevicesData.xml, find the devices.<deviceID>.commandClasses.64 and remove it completelly (the full tag with it's data content). The load Z-Way back and it should work.

Make sure to do a backup of the file first!
intveltr

Post by intveltr »

Where does this file live, I can't seem to find it.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

/opt/z-way-server/config/zddx/
philippescholtes

Post by philippescholtes »

Hi everyone,
Not sure this is the right forum to post this note, but it is about central heating actuator, and the Horstmann HRT4-ZW or SecureControl SSRxxx is one of the devices I have considered.
The modulating gas boiler that powers my home central heating is (i) Junkers Cerastar ZWN-18 featuring Bosch Heatronic 3. It is controlled by thermostat (ii) Junkers FR-120. I am trying to integrate the setup in my (iii) z-wave home network. Internet searches have not landed so far to a site that verify all three items: the closest I get is the excellent solution https://carly.be/using-the-nest-thermos ... -boiler-1/ which satisfies the first two items, but not the third one: the actuator substituted for the Junkers FR-120 is a Google Nest thermostat that runs the Opentherm protocol (which requires a "translator" fitted in the Heatronic 3 card inside the boiler), and communicates on the WiFi frequency with the Google Home Assistant.
Using a z-wave-to-Google Home Assistant bridge doesn't seem an elegant solution: has someone developed a solution supporting all three items of my home setup?
Thank you.