UZB stick behaviour

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
rgke

UZB stick behaviour

Post by rgke »

I am using HS4 on Windows 10 and am using the Z-Wave.me UZB stick (EU version) which is about 1 year old. I have the ZWAVE plugin 3.0.7.0 installed. The setup has been ultra-reliable for about 12 months.

Last week, all my Z-WAVE devices stopped working, and it appeared that the UZB stick had disappeared off the network (was not showing on COM3 or anywhere else). I swapped its USB slot, and it was given COM5. I updated the config in HS4 and things started working again.

However. I have two battery door sensors(one Everspring, the other Fibaro) and it is random as to whether they report at all. Sometimes they report the open but not the close, sometimes the other way round, and other times nothing at all. Battery changes do not seem to make a difference.

All the wired devices seem to be operating fine, although most of these respond to HS4 commands to turn on and off, so I am not dependent upon receiving status updates from them.

Restarting the Z-Wave interface seems to fix things for about 10 minutes but them the problems resurface.

Given this behaviour, would I be right in thinking that the UZB stick is beginning to fail? Or do you think there is something else misbehaving on the network which interferes with the traffic (how could I debug this?), or could it be the computer itself, also about 1 year old, that is in error?
PoltoS

Re: UZB stick behaviour

Post by PoltoS »

This looks very strange. Looks more as a CRC error (in the air). Might be caused by high noise. Use secure devices or devices with CRC16 support to avoid this.

I don't think it is the UZB problem,