[userModule] SunriseSunset - No Longer Maintained

Tips, Tricks and Scripts to enhance your home automation and workaround known device bugs, limitations and incompatibilities
pofs

Re: New Module SunriseSunset

Post by pofs »

n0ahg wrote:Agreed, something weird going on. I even commented on a change made to my DummyDevice 21 days ago and no response. I was happy with the openness but now they seem to have swung the other way.

Thanks for the contributions.
I think it is because JS people are on vacation :)
PoltoS

Re: New Module SunriseSunset - ***Updated Module***

Post by PoltoS »

@islipfd19 good job! why not to make a fork on github and make a pull request?

We will have a look on your both modules and possibly merge them into main branch.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

Ok, I already have an account with Github. I'll try to do it this in the coming days.

Any comments or help with the other modules I've provided would greatly be appreciated.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

PoltoS wrote:@islipfd19 good job! why not to make a fork on github and make a pull request?

We will have a look on your both modules and possibly merge them into main branch.
@PoltoS

I've forked the project and added the three modules to my fork.
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

islipfd19 wrote:
PoltoS wrote:@islipfd19 good job! why not to make a fork on github and make a pull request?

@PoltoS

Now you need to create a pull request, see steps 5 and 6 in the last section here https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... stallation
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

n0ahg wrote:
islipfd19 wrote:

@PoltoS

Now you need to create a pull request, see steps 5 and 6 in the last section here https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... stallation
Thanks! Just did it. I created the pull request for the bleeding edge branch. It should be in this one, right? Or should I be adding it to the master branch?
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

I have done it on the develop branch in the past. Not sure if all the changes in bleeding-edge will make it in to master but as you only add files and don't modify other files you should be fine and they should be able to merge your changes. Still getting my head around git and github.
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

n0ahg wrote:I have done it on the develop branch in the past. Not sure if all the changes in bleeding-edge will make it in to master but as you only add files and don't modify other files you should be fine and they should be able to merge your changes. Still getting my head around git and github.
Gotcha, thanks!
ozgreg

Post by ozgreg »

Loving this module..

If I can suggest an Option to disable the turning off the switch on sunrise (maybe have a Disable in the drop down list might be a good way to support this..

Thanks for your hard work.. :)
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

It's most probably possible to do this. Before I put some effort into it, I'd like to understand why you would like this option and the scenario or scenarios you use it in? Knowing this will help me improve it.