A more generic e-mail app!

This is a collection of wishes and needs for the next versions of Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
seattleneil

Re: A more generic e-mail app!

Post by seattleneil »

I installed the msmtp package and have been very happy (apt install msmtp).

E-mails are sent using my gmail e-mail account with the following /etc/msmtprc config file (with USER@XXXXX.com as a placeholder for your gmail e-mail address and APP-PASSWORD-ZZZZZ being a Google app password associated with USER@XXXXX.com). For info on gmail app passwords, see: https: //support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhy-you-may-need-an-app-password

#
# Config file for msmtp
#
# Set default values for all following accounts.
defaults
auth on
tls on
tls_starttls on
tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
logfile /var/log/msmtp.log

# Gmail
account gmail
host smtp.gmail.com
port 587
from USER@XXXXX.com
user USER@XXXXX.com
password APP-PASSWORD-ZZZZZ

# Set a default account
account default : gmail

To send e-mail from the command line (useful for testing msmtp), I installed mailutils (apt install mailutils). The following command will send a test e-mail message to USER@XXXXX.com:

echo this is a test | mail USER@XXXXX.com

The file /var/log/msmtp.log should show if the e-mail was sent successfully.
jackpot

Post by jackpot »

PoltoS wrote:
15 Dec 2016 19:58
Thanks for pointing that.fm WhatsApp download
We have close it to doublecheck security measures again. Hopefully it was not in production yet. There was no release version using that service yet.
Nice..
kol909

Post by kol909 »

john42471 wrote:
07 Sep 2021 10:26
tissi wrote:
16 Dec 2016 14:42
PoltoS wrote:Thanks for pointing that. We have close it to doublecheck security measures again. Hopefully it was not in production yet. There was no release version using that service yet.
Too late, I used this app, after download two days ago. I was wondering, that today this app doesn´t work any more. After unistall I can´t download the app again. When can we use the app again?
Its oky guys if we not try anything new. How we will find out about if everyone need a perfect thing. Then who will them which one best or worst.GBWhatsApp
Yes. With the new techniques we should be updated. It very important.
im2033thomas

Post by im2033thomas »

When I installed this app, I realize that it is not similar to our ordinary app. But some bugs inside this app are appeared, Kindly request is to fix the bugs asap.. Thank You !!GBWhatsApp APK 2022
Andrew125

Post by Andrew125 »

klaasjoerg wrote:
03 Jan 2017 01:02
Well, if someone do not like to use this app, ifttt is also a good alternative, unless someone want to keep it completely locally...Nulls Brawl Apk
Yeah I agree with you I use this app very frequently. It is the best alternative with some amazing features.
arnolddk0

Post by arnolddk0 »

l11 wrote:
20 Mar 2016 12:20
It would be great if someone could make a messaging app for the razberry operative. I would love if there was a small sendmail server on the pi that could send mail to me on events. Same for sms but I realize that could be a cost issue. But maybe it could send to whatsapp and other message apps?
It's not only about controlling the house, we also need some better passive feedback from the house as well

what do you say? Good idea?
Yeah...these days, staying upto date with everything is so important and this kind of app really gonna help for that purpose.
YoWhatsApp APK Download
jogindar

Post by jogindar »

icebrian wrote:
14 Dec 2016 01:25
Indeed that was it. I restarted and it worked. So for documentation purposes here is what I did:

Edited file /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules/MailNotifier/index.js and changed line 106 from:

Code: Select all

url: "https://service.z-wave.me/emailnotification/",
To:

url: "https://myserver.com/emailnotification/",
And then in my own server I have the following PHP (with mailserver correctly configured):

<?php

$email_to = $_POST['mail_to'];
$email_from = "myemail@mydomain.com";

$email_subject = '[home@'.date("Ymd").'-'.date("H:i").'] '.$_POST['subject'];

$email_message = $_POST["message"]."\n\n".
'<p><i><font size="2">Event generated on '.date("Y-m-d").' at '.date("H:i").'</font></i></p>';

#// create email headers
$headers = 'From: '.$email_from."\r\n".
'Reply-To: '.$email_from."\r\n" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion()."\r\n".
'Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8';

@mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers);

?>
Now, as is, it is obviously a serious security risk, as it would allow anyone to send e-mail via my server, so I don't recommend using as is.

A quick fix could be hard codding the TO value with an e-mail, which could however result in an e-mail flood.
Thanks for the best information post...gbwhatsapp
dk0ard

Post by dk0ard »

I think it is good information about the project, I agree, it is worked on a project a generic email app such as what's app, Facebook and Instagram. WhatsApp Plus Download
ananyaverma

Post by ananyaverma »

icebrian wrote:
12 Dec 2016 04:48
Why not have an app that would allow for the configuration of an SMTP server? One could for example simply configure a gmail account for outgoing e-mail, therefore avoiding spam filters.
There are many apps available on the play store that allows you to configure an SMTP server for outgoing email.