Speech Assistant feature to query sensor values

This is a collection of wishes and needs for the next versions of Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
RolfKunkel

Speech Assistant feature to query sensor values

Post by RolfKunkel »

For the time being it is possible to switch on/ off devices but what I am missing is the capability to query sensor values so that I can ask Alexa "what is the temperature outside" or "how many rain has fallen" or "how strong is the wind".

Such a feature would increase the use of speech assistants significantly.
PoltoS

Re: Speech Assistant feature to query sensor values

Post by PoltoS »

Noted!
arpanetitaliasrl

Post by arpanetitaliasrl »

@PoltoS are you working also to control devices using alexa? for example turn switch 5 'OFF 'or turn toggle button on
CaylinBr

Post by CaylinBr »

Is there any way you can integrate raspberry pi module with a speech recognition module and a build in scripts for any request you need, receive data from your query sensor and send them to Alexa? I know it looks like you've been using a third party app but it might be a solution
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are ready for a beta test of the reworked Alexa skill. If you are eager to test it, please send your email in a PM or on support@z-wave.me. We are open to your feedback.
RolfKunkel

Post by RolfKunkel »

E-Mail address sent via PM
Pippymon

Post by Pippymon »

By using the Google app feature that comes with the Android smartphone, you can speak to the headset's microphones to operate the Android smartphone. Set the assist and voice input selection to the Google app.