Connecting 2 Z-Uno devices

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
sdtlee

Connecting 2 Z-Uno devices

Post by sdtlee »

Hi,

I would like to ask about setting up the z-wave network with two Z-Uno2 devices.

Let's say I have 2 Z-Uno2 devices (Device A & Device B).
Is it able to create a z-wave network with Device A, and let Device B join the network that is created by Device A?

Regards,
Lee
PoltoS

Re: Connecting 2 Z-Uno devices

Post by PoltoS »

No, Z-Uno is not a controller. You should add them using a Z-Wave controller. But a good news is that you can then remove the controller. Just make sure to remove all associations with the controller before removing it.
sdtlee

Post by sdtlee »

Hi PoltoS,

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first time I develop Z-Wave related project. So I would like to confirm if my understanding is correct or not.

Let's say I have 2 Z-Uno2 (Device A & Device B)
I also need to prepare a Z-Wave controller (Controller A).

1. I have to add both Device A & Device B to Controller A's network. So that Device A & Device B can be comunicate with each other.
But a good news is that you can then remove the controller.
2. According to this sentence, is that Device A & B is still able to communicate without the controller (remove both "linkage" between Device A & Controller A and Device B & Controller B)?

In other word, I only need the Controller A to help me to setup the network. After that, Controller A can be removed, and Device A & B is still able to communicate with each other. The controller is no longer required unless I need to adjust the network such as add or remove devices?

Kind regards,
Lee
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Your understanding is correct.

To remove links you need to clean associations (remove Controller A from all groups) and set the wakeup to the maximum (if it is a battery device).
sdtlee

Post by sdtlee »

Hi PoltoS,

Thank you very much.
I have successfully to connect the two devices with the help of controller device.
I have setup the channel (ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS) and put them in the same group (group 2).
And Device A can send signal to Device B through zunoSendToGroupSetValueCommand.

One more question, may I know if there is anyway to know the RSSI on the receiver side (Device B) when zunoSendToGroupSetValueCommand signal received?

Regards,
Lee
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Not via the Z-Uno API. But you can use it in the Zniffer mode (in your case PTI mode is better than modem).

Check our site https://z-wave.me/products/zniffer