Following my previous post https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3427&t=35912
I confirm that the answer from p0lyg0n1 is probably right. Under firmware 3.10 there is a problem with Zwave communication ‘saturation’… Especially painful when module is far away (but not only?)
In my case, the trouble is that Z uno2 boards modules reboot erratically, I would say 2 to 3 times per week.
For now, I don’t want to go for next FW version until it is not declared ‘stable’ and we can’t get back to previous one.
So, I just want to share some workarounds that seem ‘efficient’ so far.
Here they are:
1) Do no overload (event punctually) Zwave comms with zunoSendReport calls.
In my case, finally, I scan all my devices every 200ms,
In the ‘for loops’ scans, I use a break as soon as one requires a zunoSendReport.
So at most 5 reports are sent (requested) per sec.
Then, in this 200ms loop, you must prioritize your zunoSendReport:
2) First scan your input devices, if one requires zunoSendReport break and do not scan/report ‘output’ devices.
(I think that giving highest priority to input channels solves to some acknoledge issues ?, is it HC3 specific?)
(Rem:to me, input means input to the zwave module)
3) Then scan output devices.
4) Ends eventually with devices that are “REQUESTING”, you are not in hurry for those one !!
5) If you use eeprom writes, try to avoid doing it during Zwave exchanges. Easy to say!!!
6) Same remark for configuration parameters modifications...
I think that some of my troubles come from my Home Center 3 untold requirements/Zwave protocol interpretation, but it make a so great difference that it must be a shared issue!!
Have a nice day!
Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
1 post • Page 1 of 1