No data transmitt by z-uno (zensys)

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
WernerS

Re: No data transmitt by z-uno (zensys)

Post by WernerS »

Hi Andreas

Later i use OpenHab for home automation. But in Openhab i see only if its include, but no data which are send or received.
I only find this tool for the first. I think its good to see in zensys what is send and what is receive.
Which example must i use so that the zuno works like a fibaro switch?
What system did you mean for play with zuno?

kind regards
Werner
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi,

I am using FHEM, another open source system. It is not that user-friendly as OpenHab, Z-Way or other systems, but it is EXTREMLY configurable. It is much more hardware oriented than the other systems and it also allows the user to destroy the whole configuration... ,-) It is written in perl, so it runs on different platforms, I only use in under Linux (Debian).

So you might take a look, you can increase the verbose level of the different systems or devices up to a point where you can see all the messages that are sent/received by the controller. To fully understand the messages that are logged a certain level of knowledge about ZWave and the messages itself.

But I would also expect that in OpenHab you can increase the verbose level and see what is sent/received...

To build something that is equivalent to a power switch, the SimpleSwitch/ should do the trick.

In your last post I haven't looked good enough, it was the sensor example, so there is no way to set the LED from ZWave, sorry for that misleading comment...

Regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
WernerS

Post by WernerS »

Hi Andreas

no prob. I try later the other example. I hope this works then. In zensys i can switch all zwave devices on and off, so i will see it works or not :-)
Taking FHEM now spends too much time, because openhab is working fine here.

kind regards
Werner
WernerS

Post by WernerS »

Hi Andreas

i test it with zensys. With "Switch all on" only fibaros light goes on. But with "Basic set on" the LED of the Zuno lights. :-) Thats a good step.
I think to get the zuno work like a fibaro i need association. But there is not so many literature about zuno, because its a new part.

kind regards
Werner
WernerS

Post by WernerS »

Hi

i look for a "debug function" for openhab. I find here a tool for the raspi called openzwave control panel. Did you know this tool?

kind regards
Werner
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi Werner,

first, association is not needed to switch, association is used (only) to define the destinations for unsolicited reports with most sensors send.

It is possible that the Z-Uno does not support the "switch all" command, I have never used this function and don't know if it is part of the basic command class.

I think that literature about Z-Uno is not necessary to understand what is going on. There is a book from "Dr Christian Pätz - Z-Wave - Die Technologie für das Smart Home" which describes some basics for the ZWave technologie.

If you want to go into more details, the next step then is the command class specifications which Sigma now officially published. They are now freeley available, before that, only some "leaked" versions of this documents were available.

These documentation is available here and describes almost every aspect of ZWave...

For your other question, I experimented once with the control panel of OpenZwave, but it was long ago. I think I used it when I tested "Domotics", which also use OpenZwave as the interface to ZWave, but I can't really remember...

But as fas as I remember it gives also a quite low-level access to the ZWave functions.

What do you want to do or achieve? I understand that you are familiar with microcontrollers and now have a Z-Uno... Do you want to create a special device?

Regards,
Andreas
fhem.de - ZWave development support
WernerS

Post by WernerS »

Hi Andreas

thanks for Informations.

Yes i want to build my own actors and sensors. The next step would be integrate a switch and then i will try to use a battery

The next step is to switch on the LED of the zuno with a switch and via Openhab. So when i push the switch there must be send a message to Openhab that the LED is on. For this i nee the association.

Found in Openhab
Associations are used by zWave devices to send commands from one device to another, independent of the controller. This could be used to turn on a light when a movement sensor is triggered. Associations are also used to send state updates to the controller when the state of a device changes. For example, if you turn a light on, the device will let the controller know so that the state of the light is shown correctly within openHAB.

kind regars
Werner
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Uno do not support SwitchAll. Not sure it might be useful as this command make sense only with broadcast operations (otherwise in unicast use SwitchBinary/SwitchMultilevel). But broadcast are not routed, so IMHO SwitchAll are pretty useless in big houses - you never know for sure who will be reachable by broadcast.