Fill level monitoring

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
buhmannra

Fill level monitoring

Post by buhmannra »

Hi there,

I'm planning to include a fill level monitoring of my water cistern to ZWay. Did anybody ever do this - or are there easier ways than realizing it via ZUno ? What kind of sensor would be the best? Ultrasonic? Floating device with angle sensor? Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to ZUno and not a programming crack ;-)

Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Fill level monitoring

Post by PoltoS »

Ultrasonic looks pretty good for this. You can also use multiple resistors on wires put to different levels to measure the resulting voltage via ADC.
michap

Post by michap »

Standard Ultrasonic is not water protected (HC-SR04) - will not work for a long time if high humidity.

Selecting a waterproof sensor - then all could work stable. (as sample JSN-SR04T)

Michael
buhmannra

Post by buhmannra »

Ok - well, as I'm pretty much new to this subject, I wonder how to realize it in the end?! And- is it possible to realize it via the ZWay Ui? So - okay, let's say I purchase a ZUno and the mentioned JSN-SR04T Sensor. How to proceed???

Thanks for your helps
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Provided JSN-SR04T have same interface as HC-SR04 (seems it is the case), you can just copy this example http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/hc-sr04 ... ce-sensor/
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

can confirm that application works with JSN-SR04T fine (have just tested).
Please note that minimum distance for this sensor is 20cm - all values for lower range are wrong.
Depending on your final application (tank?) it maybe important.

Anyway (independent of the type of sensor) - the distance must be adjusted / calibrated, because of the values are too small.

Michael
buhmannra

Post by buhmannra »

Thank you very much for your replies. I'll try it soon... but still not sure which platform to use - openhab ZWay or domoticz :(