Electricity meter using ZUNO_METER

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
PoltoS

Re: Electricity meter using ZUNO_METER

Post by PoltoS »

Hard fixes for those devices. Z-Way is doing same
perjar

Post by perjar »

Regarding the issue that power and energy readings are not showing in the web UI of the Fibaro Home Center 2:
I would argue that the z-uno is not fully compatible with Fibaro Home Center 2. Or, if it is the other way around, that the HC2 not compatible.

What I can see, after some more detective work, is that the HC2 displays the value stored in the device property called "value" instead of "power" and "energy".
This does make sense for most sensors, they all report their data in the "value" property. So should the z-uno energy meter.

In my project, with one channel for power meter and one channel for energy meter, these appear as the following three endpoints:
0: <typeFibaro>com.fibaro.multilevelSensor</typeFibaro>
1: <typeFibaro>com.fibaro.multilevelSensor</typeFibaro> // This is the channel reporting power (W)
2: <typeFibaro>com.fibaro.energyMeter</typeFibaro> // This is the channel reporting energy (kWh)

What might be needed is a more tailored XML file for z-uno instead of Fibaro's generic ones for multilevel sensors and energy meter?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I fear you need to ask Fibaro support.
perjar

Post by perjar »

Quick update on the topic:
Long overdue, I contacted Fibaro to ask them to support this sort of device in a future release of their controller software.
Here is how they responded (January 24, 2022):
At the moment, this is how this device looks in HC2 and it is not a bug. We know this issue and we will improve it in future updates.
​For now unfortunately we don't have any official information on when it will be designed