Z-uno Nfc badge reader

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Qbic2007

Re: Z-uno Nfc badge reader

Post by Qbic2007 »

@PoltoS

Any update on the new command class? Did not see any changes occur yet
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Entry control is not yet done. You can use debug functions (mentioned above) as a temp hack. We have moved this feature a bit, but it is in our short list.
Qbic2007

Post by Qbic2007 »

@PoltoS
thx for the update, I'll wait for the Entry control to come out, still got a bit of playroom ;)
Qbic2007

Post by Qbic2007 »

@PoltoS
Working on this idea again. Seems not much has been done for this 'Entry Control commmand class' yet.

Do you have any refernce towards the debug functions?

Debug function ?? I have only found code/examples that let you activate a debug mode by zwave on the zuno that will write stuff to the serial interface, not that will write advanced zwave variables. Did I miss something?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

As mentioned above, there is a zunoSendDbg function that can send any command to any device. We use it to send extended basic packet to Z-Way. Z-Way is able to parse it using a special trick. Home Assistant and others can't do this.

We meanwhile did a lot of preparation work to enable Entry Control. Yes, it was promised a long time ago, but we had to rework the code to make it possible.

btw, we do our own stylish NFC reader based on Z-Uno Module. So it might be what you wish. We will present it in CES in two weeks
Qbic2007

Post by Qbic2007 »

Thank you for clarifying PoltoS.

I found some reference to the debug command in the zuno lib files, but without any practical documentation and it being only compatible with z-way, I don't think it will be much use to me.

No worries, I was not trying to stress you, just curious if it was still on the planning. A NFC reader done by you guys, SUPER !!! :D
Can't wait to see it, I'll keep an eye on the z-uno projects page.

Do you know if your NFC reader will be compatible with openzwave? I don't see them mention support for this Entry Control command class, but maybe I just look in the wrong place as I'm not so familiar with this.
(I'm already bound to openzwave for some other hardware and software setup I made in the house)
nessinot

Post by nessinot »

@PoltoS

Can you share some information about the NFC reader that has been presented at the CES?

- Where can we find information about the product?
- When do you plan to have it available?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We plan to make it available in May. We will show it next week on ISE
aLiEnHeAd

Post by aLiEnHeAd »

PoltoS wrote:
02 Feb 2019 23:55
We plan to make it available in May. We will show it next week on ISE
What happend to Z-Wave.Me RFID (or NFC) panel presented at ISE/CES?
https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-me-la ... -ces-2019/
Is it still in development?
It seems there is no ready-to-use battery powered RFID-Pad anymore (since the ZIPATO Zipato RFID pad is unavailable)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Work in progress