Library for CCS811 CO2/VOC sensor for testing.

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Miklux

Re: Library for CCS811 CO2/VOC sensor for testing.

Post by Miklux »

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for your reply.

Yes off course you are right, it's better to use the Serial0 instead the Serial line,I already tested this way in order to undersood this behaviour but now I will try again and I will give you a feedback.
In such case you could make a while loop (delay while data is not ready - with timeout) and read then the value - but this can take of course some time and battery (I think it will be a battery FLiRS device...).
Yes it's a battery powered device with an energy harvestnig system ;)
In datasheet:
"Mode 3: Low power pulse heating mode IAQ measurement every 60 seconds" - so there should be every 60 seconds a new value available.
Ok no problem for this: in the final device, I will acquire the measures at least every 1 hour so the device will have the last measure acquired in the memory (i hope!!!)

I will give the feedback also for fixed values as you suggested to me.

Thanks a lot,
Michele
Miklux

Post by Miklux »

@Michap
I tested the code with the CO2_int and VOC_int forced to fixed values and the ZWay smart home system receive correctly that values.

Then, I think that the problem is (maybe) in the I2C communication between the ZUno and the CCS811 even I don't understand why....

I expected that when the Zuno wake up (receiving a Zwave packet by the controller) , the device should send a wake up (ative low) signal to the CCS811, wait the CO2 and VOC measures, process the data, send them to the controller and go again in sleep mode...

Maybe I'm wrong?

Thank again,
Mik
michap

Post by michap »

I think the problem is that CCS811 is not ready.
In your condition you are checking - if ready then take the values and send it... If not ready then send "0"

You could add a loop (do while not ready) and take the value if ready or do not disable the CCS811, so that it is running all the time in low power mode and will have a ready value all the time.
cadaval

Post by cadaval »

dear people

i am new z-uno v2 user, and i'm try included on my Z-wave home, this sensor CCS811, but unfortunatly when i compile this code, i have the folowing error
exit status 10
'CCS811_Environment' does not name a type

anybody can help me please!!

thanks
CDV
michap

Post by michap »

cadaval wrote:
25 Nov 2021 11:58
i am new z-uno v2 user,...
For Z-UnoG2 please use the updated sketch:
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Uno-G2-C ... UNO_CCS811

The library should be installed if you have an actual bootloader.

Michael