Battery Reports and Fibaro HC2

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Gotty101

Re: Battery Reports and Fibaro HC2

Post by Gotty101 »

Hi Peter, sorry for the delay. Been side tracked by another project. I have ordered a different worm driven motor (slower) as I needed more torque to drive my office blind. I'll try to measure the standby current. Apart from a few pull ups, there is a motor driver (put on standby when not on) a current monitor (also put to sleep) and when I get round to it a spi led driver (holds state when the zuno is off. It will only be used to warn of low bat and errors but is ment to be very efficient. Will need to write a library though) I'll give it a measure on my bench (not got the led bit done yet and I've only got a uni-t meter)

Trev
Gotty101

Post by Gotty101 »

Hi Peter, just an update. I'm still waiting on the higher torque motor so things have come to a pause at the mo.

The zuno has a drv motor driver, a eeprom a current sensor and some pullups for the buttons. (Although I had some other sensors at one point and the readings did not increase by more than 1ma)

So at idle sleep its 7.5ma and when it wakes up with no motor movement its 17ma.

I just need to make sure the solar panels regenerate the power used.

Trev
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Thanks! So 7.5 mA... Ah, that is due to power regulator + all the extra hardware you've added. It is still better than the expected +/- 40 mA of an "always on slave", but certainly not as low as the Z-Wave SoC can go in FLiRS mode... Interesting project!