Z-Uno WANT and NEED

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
poordom

Z-Uno WANT and NEED

Post by poordom »

Good afternoon y'all

A while ago, I purchased a Z-Uno processor chip. Now I would like to purchase the shield only, where can I get one, do I have to go to Russia for one?

Secondly, how can I update my Z-Uno software or firmware?

Thank You

Dom :shock:
PoltoS

Re: Z-Uno WANT and NEED

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately we do not sell shields without Z-Uno. And now we are out if stock in EU and soon in US too. Waiting for 7th gen in Q4.

You can upgrade the firmware to the latest 2.1.6 (just released) via Arduino IDE board manger. Go to Getting Started section if Z-Uno site
poordom

Post by poordom »

Good afternoon PoltoS,

Let me ask you, who do we need to convince, in order to obtain a Shield without Z-Uno.

The company is essentially penalizing the people that purchased the first Z-Uno chips.

The company must realize that without us, the first clients, the Z-Uno chip would not have been as popular.

So obviously, your support in allowing us to purchase the Shield only, would be greatly appreciated, or let me know whom I can contact, to plead my case.

I apologize for being so insistent, since I have this Z-Uno chip that I cannot use without the shield, or can you tell me which other type of shield similar to the Z-uno shield I could use as a substitute.

Dom
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We will probably make it available in next production run.

The problem is mostly in logistics. Our resellers do not really want to by the shield only, since it is worth due to low qty and becomes too expensive for you.
poordom

Post by poordom »

PoltoS,

I'd be willing to pay up to $ 40.00 to $ 50.00 for the shield only.

Dom
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

50 is the price it would be if we solve the logistics problems. We will think about it. Thanks for your input