Zuno Wall Switch - Keeping Binary Switch Toggle In Sync?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
anom3

Zuno Wall Switch - Keeping Binary Switch Toggle In Sync?

Post by anom3 »

Before I begin, I have a good understanding of zwave as well as software development... So no need for ultra specifics...

My question is:

I would like to create a 4 way toggle switch with an extra zuno I have, to install behind a couple of dual momentary switch rockers. They will be switching 4 fibaro in wall switches. Each of the momentary switches (4 in total, 2x2) will be assigned to a separate fibaro in wall.

Since this will be battery powered, I was wondering what the best way to approach this would be from the angle of keeping things in sync. For example:

1 - User toggle ON via zuno
2 - User toggle OFF via controller
3 - Pressing the same button on the zuno will switch to OFF even though its already OFF

What is the best way to approach this?

Is this even possible without sending the request through the controller?

The devices are fairly close so direct association SHOULD be possible, is there a way to pool the target device state with zuno so I can send the opposite state?

I guess another solution would be to always have the "current state" sitting in the queue of the controller so it can be flipped when the zuno wakes up and have a delay in there? Yuck, kind of ugly though... Not to mention if the queue is busy when the key is pressed...
PoltoS

Re: Zuno Wall Switch - Keeping Binary Switch Toggle In Sync?

Post by PoltoS »

Add Z-Uno in LifeLine of your Fibaro Switch and handle the Report to always know the switch status. Use this status before sending a Set
anom3

Post by anom3 »

I was not aware that nodes (eg: not controller) had a "queue" capability?

Will this method still work if the state of the fibaro switch changes even when the zuno based wall switch is in sleep mode? Eg: not currently possible to receive a report? Should the fibaro send the lifeline report as soon as it detects the zuno is awake?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No, Z-Uno has to be awake. In sleeping mode you can make a request before sending a Set. But this is not nice
anom3

Post by anom3 »

*sigh*

yeah it wont work 100% then... pooling etc wont be 100%... good i checked before pulling out the soldering iron ;)

zwave.me should make a zuno / firmware customizable in wall switch :) i would buy about 25 of them ;) i'm sure there is a good market for it. i mentioned this in another post, but i have tried about 3 brands of inwall switches and all of them have firmware which is not 100%...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Good idea. We will think about it
anom3

Post by anom3 »

I'm going to give this a shot with zuno in flirs.

Any idea what kind of battery life I can expect from zuno in flirs powered by a 3.6V AA Lithium battery? This device will be idle 99.9% of the time... Maybe woken 5-10 times a day.
anom3

Post by anom3 »

I have set this up with FLIRS... So far works great.

Can't say how battery life will handle it, but I am running it on one of those AA 3.6V Lithium batts... Hoping I get 6 months or more, then I will be happy.

Question:

Can you give me the sendData to change parameter:

64, 65, 66 and 67

To:

0 / 255

Thanks!
anom3

Post by anom3 »

I was able to figure out the SendData packets on my own.

Thanks!