Can't Connect

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
venno

Can't Connect

Post by venno »

I have 3 z-uno devices in my Homeseer system running successfully for over a year now, I have not touched them since initial deployment.

I needed to make changes to the sketches after making changes in my Homeseer system. I collected the units and excluded them from Homeseer and then tried to download new sketches. I have 2 usb cables that I previously used and am still on the same version of Arduino from when I set them up originally, I have a Windows 10 platform that has undergone the updates from Microsoft and I have also changed from Intel CPU/Mobo to AMD since the original setup.

When I connect any of the 3 devices into USB on PC case the follwoing occurs:

1. Sometimes nothing at all, no sound or detection that a USB device has been connected to PC.
2. Sometimes after a 5min delay windows responds with an error that the USB device cannot be started/is corrupt/refused a reset command/etc...etc..
3. Seemingly 1 time in a thousand recoonects the device will register after 5-10mins and appear in the ports section of device manager and also Arduino programmer and allow access.

I have tried rescue mode, factory default mode and also trying the pre Win 10 drivers but nothing works.

I did manage to reprogram 1 unit (as per 3 above) but it will not include in Homeseer.

Has something change in windows 10 usb driver (it loads usbser when successful, as per 3 above), do I need to download new drivers?
venno

Re: Can't Connect

Post by venno »

Right, I have created a win 7 VM and installed the zuno drivers and Arduino IDE.

All the boards are detected no problem and can be programmed by the IDE, I do have to do a few attempts though as half the time I get a "list out of index" error on download.

2 boards are now back in service, but the board that would not previously include in Homeseer still will not, I think the radio onboard may be dead.