Controlling shutters through associations

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
aleconakad

Controlling shutters through associations

Post by aleconakad »

Hi,

I've written a program through which I want to control multiple shutters through association. With one push button I would like to:
1- Start movement (open) on push
2- If pushed before reaching full position, stop movement (end position is detected through the expiry of a built-in timer)
3- If pushed again, start movement in opposite direction.

For that I defined a controlling channel of type: ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM and through the command zunoSendToGroupDimmingCommand I want to control the association channel.
After including to the controller and setting up associations, nothing is happening.
I use mainly Qubino ZMNHCD for my shutters fw1.1.
I tried to control some dimmers instead, like Aeotec ZW111 Nano dimmer or a Qubino ZMNHDD, also no success at all.
The only success I had if I try to control my Fibaro RGBW devices. I associated it to endpoint 5 (white channel) and I can see dimming up happening (dimming down did not work, but this could be related to Fibaro's own implementation).
Could it be related to the different CC_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL versions implemented on these different devices, since ZUNO has implemented version 1 I guess? I there a way to implement this behavior with CC_BASIC (0x63 for opening, 0x00 for closing, 0xFF for stopping(maybe)) ?

Thanks in advance
PoltoS

Re: Controlling shutters through associations

Post by PoltoS »

This might be related with different security keys.

Please check in Z-Way in Sniffer (with promisc mode)
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

How can this be? All nodes I use are not included using security mode.
Furthermore, I tried setting up zway (latest version), but I can only see 4 devices out of the 62 nodes that I have. Could this be related to the fact that I don't owe a license for my UZB? (I use mainly Openhab as the main gateway)
Do I need an additional UZB to set it in sniffer mode or I can use the same one that I use for managing the network?
Thanks
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

Hi,
there might be something wrong with the way ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM is implemented. I noticed that z-uno implements version 1 of CC_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL. Fibaro RGBW also implements version 1. I have a couple of switches from Vitrum (VDA) that implements v1 as well. Qubino Shutters and Aeotec dimmers implement v3.
The thing is, with VDA switches I can control everything (Qubino Shutters, Fibaro RGbW, Aeotec Mini Dimmer), whereas with Z-uno I can only control Fibaro RGBW, as both implement v1.
I wasn't successful setting the UZB in promiscuous mode. I wasn't able to find any documentation that shows how this is done.
your support is appreciated.
Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can use the smae UZB in the zniffer mode. You need UZB version 5.36 or upper, Z-Way v3.1.2. In Expert mode go in Analytics -> Sniffer. And yes, you need a license.

V1 for control is enough. See what is sent by the VDA and what is sent by Z-Uno (Z-Uno sends Switch Multilevel Start/Stop and Set)
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

Hi,

I have made some progress with the Zniffer thanks. I managed to set the associations between Z-uno and both the Fibaro RGBW (channel 5) and the Qubino Shutter. The difference lies in the following:
1- For Fibaro, the MultiChannel Association cc is used and Zuno is sending back a report acknowledging this. Furthermore, the SWITCH_MULLTILEVEL command works flawlessly. I've seen in Zniffer the packet for that.
2- For Qubino Shutters, the Association cc is used (Qubino offers control through node without any endpoints). Zuno is acknowledging this as well (both through Association Get and MultiChannel Association Get). But Zuno is NOT sending any commands to the Qubino Node.

Conclusion: it seems that Nodes that have been associated with the Association cc are not taken into consideration when zunoSendToGroupDimmingCommand and zunoSendToGroupSetValueCommand are called, even though that the node has been reported back to the controller as successfully associated (through both Association Report and Multichannel Association Report). Furthermore, this seems to affect the association groups defined with ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE (CC Basic) as well.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sorry, just to clarigy, you want to add an association on Z-Uno to control another device. Right? Basically, it does not matter which, you can even use an non-existing device to test it in the Zniffer. Both A and MCA chould work the same way except for that for A the command is plain, for MCA it is inside MC.

I mean, you can make MCA to Qubino and to Fibaro - does not matter. Same for A. If you do A to Fibaro - will it control zeroth channel (overall dimming) or not? Just to check.
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

I have done some progress in my analysis. If I associate to channel 1 (not Lifeline) whether it was A or MCA, I can control anything (Qubino, Fibaro, Aeotec). But when I do that on channel 6, devices associated with A will not work, whereas devices associated with MCA will work. Here is a snippet of my sketch where I define the association groups:

Code: Select all

// set up associations
ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS(
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_1: Red channel - Living area local
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_2: Green channel - Living area local
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_3: Blue channel - Living area local
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_4: Warm White channel - Living area local
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE,           // CTRL_GROUP_5: All lights off - wide
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_6: Shutters control - local area
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE,           // CTRL_GROUP_7: Shutters closed - wide
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_8: Curtain control - local area
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE,           // CTRL_GROUP_9: Curtains closed - wide
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_10: Red channel - Kitchen 
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_11: Green channel - Kitchen 
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_12: Blue channel - Kitchen 
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_13: Warm White channel - Kitchen
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_14: Red channel - Corridor
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_15: Green channel - Corridor
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_16: Blue channel - Corridor
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_17: white channel control - Entry
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_18: white channel control - Bar
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_19: white channel control - Living Room
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_20: white channel control - Passage
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_21: white channel control - Saloon
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_22: white channel control - Corridor
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_23: Red channel - Living area wide
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM,   // CTRL_GROUP_24: Green channel - Living area wide
  ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM    // CTRL_GROUP_25: Blue channel - Living area wide
);
could it be that mixing the channel types caused that issue? Maybe I should have put all to ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM in the beginning and leaving the ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE to the end of the list. In the end, only shutters and curtains need ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM, everything else I am controlling with basic cc.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I fear the issue is that Z-Uno supports only 5 Association groups.
https://z-uno.z-wave.me/technical/#Z-WaveFeatures

We will check with the R&D how many can we support in the next version (7th gen). As I remember, it should not be limited (up to 255)

Is it a space shuttle control pannel you are trying to build? ;)
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

That's not entirely correct. I checked the release notes before diving into this project. check the release notes from 2.1.3:
https://z-uno.z-wave.me/news/
Associations reworked - up to 32 groups are now supported (1 LifeLine + 31 control groups) with up to 8 nodes in each group.
I tried all of the 26 groups and they are working quite well with CC BASIC. There is something wrong with the usage of zunoSendToGroupDimmingCommand on nodes associated with plain associations. I will keep doing some tests to prove that. I wish you can try it out yourself.