Send notification alarms from z-uno

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
maxz.php

Send notification alarms from z-uno

Post by maxz.php »

Hello,

I'm working on z-uno device that will control my motorized water valves (Neptun Bugatti). I've already created a scetch that represents two binary switches (for hot and cold water valves accordingly) for a controller and learned how to control z-uno signal pins that I'm going to connect to power supply driver.

Now, as my power supply driver supports short current diagnostic pins, I'd like to read this signals and report device issues to the controller. I've already discovered that some z-wave devices report alarms (like tamper alarm). I've also noticed that there is a section describing power notifications at ZUNO_Definitions.h (like NOTIFICATION_EVENT_OVER_CURRENT, NOTIFICATION_EVENT_OVER_VOLTAGE etc).

Unfortunately, I'm unable to find the way how to send notification events from sketch in z-uno documentation. As I understand there is zunoSendReport function that has only one parameter that defines device channel, not the notification type. Can anybody explain the way to send that kind of reports from z-uno? Can I send them for the corresponding channel (as I have two switches in one device and I'd like to report issues for the specific switch).
PoltoS

Re: Send notification alarms from z-uno

Post by PoltoS »

Each feature (a switch or a notification) is assigned to an individual channel in Z-Uno. So do zunoSendReport on the corresponding channel to send an unsolicited Notification Report
maxz.php

Post by maxz.php »

If I understand your answer correct, I have to declare 3 or 4 channels (2 for binary switches and 1 or 2 for sending unsolicited notification reports if ararm event occurs). Is it correct? And could you please give more details on what type of channel do I need to declare for sending notification reports?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Correct, two SWITCH_BINARY and two NOTIFICATION channels