Z-Uno HA Z-Wavve JS-UI and sendReport() failed for meter

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
mainate

Z-Uno HA Z-Wavve JS-UI and sendReport() failed for meter

Post by mainate »

Hi the team.
I've made my first step in Zuno and need to use zunoSendReport() for few mesurement as Voltae, current and Energy.
With Home Assistent and Z-Wave JS-UI the Voltage, Current, temperature are identified as Multilevel sensor works fine and when I sne unrequested notification with zunoSendReport() it worls fine.
Unfrtnuately, the Energy, is identified as Meter objet, but it is not updated with zunoSendReport()
On log I get info as :
"2023-01-21T21:36:45.486Z SERIAL « 0x0112000400190a32020144000002910000d200ce (20 bytes)
2023-01-21T21:36:45.493Z SERIAL » [ACK] (0x06)
2023-01-21T21:36:45.500Z DRIVER dropping CC with invalid values (Reason: Unsupported rate type Unspecified or
corrupted data)"

Any idea ?
I've tried on Jeedom with Z-wave-JS and have a working instance of this kWh energy
andersevenrud

Re: Z-Uno HA Z-Wavve JS-UI and sendReport() failed for meter

Post by andersevenrud »

I just got my first Z-Uno and ran into the same problem. This is driving me crazy!

As far as I understand the message from Z-Wave JS is correct; there's some corruption going on here!

The data does not contain a "rate bit", which is why it says "Unspecified" (aka 0x0).

If I do the following:

Code: Select all

DWORD theStateValue = 0;
bool meterBugfixVariable = false;

void meterReseter() { theStateValue = 0; }

DWORD meterGetter(void) { return theStateValue; }

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
  ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY(ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_TYPE_GENERAL_PURPOSE, meterBugfixVariable),
  ZUNO_METER(ZUNO_METER_TYPE_ELECTRIC, METER_RESET_ENABLE, ZUNO_METER_ELECTRIC_SCALE_KWH, METER_SIZE_FOUR_BYTES, METER_PRECISION_TWO_DECIMALS, meterGetter, meterReseter)
);
Then using

Code: Select all

theStateValue++;
zunoSendReport(2);
seems to work just fine.

However, now the reset functionality seems to disappear. And adding other channels widens the rabbit hole even more with oddities :shock:

In my case, this will do just fine as I'm just counting blinks from my power meter, so I get the kWh value I need, but I'm still very frustrated because I got what I needed just by pure luck. I was just doing random combinations until suddenly I got reports.

Edit: Actually, this was not fine at all. The Meter was identifying without a version number and missing metadata (in addition to the missing reset function) which made usage in Home Assistant very unreliable. So now I've removed this hack and just do polling every 60s. At least now it's "working".

I'm going to dig more into this as I suspect maybe an older version of the SDK will work. I'm using 3.0.10 and flashed to the latest bootloader before trying to do anything with my zuno. And I used the water meter example as my starting point.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try it with Z-Way. You can integrate Z-Way in HA.

Unspecified is a valid Rate Type and should be supported by all controllers
mainate

Post by mainate »

Hi I'm back to play with my Z-Uno. Thanks for these information. Recently another post has been published about it. https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3427&t=35877.
With that topic the error is gone but value still not referesh by HA :-( I add to use an automation based on power value change as trigger.