Yes, socket has gone

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
graycrow

Yes, socket has gone

Post by graycrow »

Hi, I don't know if it's your service or me, but someone doing something wrong.
I tried to connect my new Z-Wave.me stick today, but I got just "socket has gone" error messages.

I'm using Windows 7 x64. Driver is installed, Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM12) is in the Device Manager, Z-Connector downloaded today, certificates also, correct COM port specified in the settings, TCP port 9087 unblocked in the firewall, in an out, but nothing works. It connects for 5 seconds and then I getting socket has gone error message.

Is there any other software which I can use to test my Z-Wave.me stick locally without connecting it to your service?
graycrow

Stick is broken

Post by graycrow »

I tried to use stick on another computer and got same result. Neither HomeSeer or Z-Wave.Me firmware update tool can't see the stick as well. Looks like Z-Wave part of the stick is dead. Next time I will purchase stick from AeonLabs - looks like they are more reliable.
PoltoS

Dear graycrow,

Post by PoltoS »

Dear graycrow,

Z-Wave.Me cares a lot about quality. Feel free to send the device back to shop and they will give you a replacement (and the shop will do RMA with us).

Unfortunatelly for these sticks we uses hardware by GoodWay manufacturer and it is not easy to influence the quality. But the RMA is quite small for these sticks.

Quite soon we will launch our own sticks. They will be made in Germany, so the quality should be much better.