New version of RaZberry is released

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

New version of RaZberry is released

Post by PoltoS »

New RaZberry is out! 23.10.2013 v1.4.1New Command Classes are implemented:Alarm CC V1-3 supported (no expert UI yet).MeterTable CC V2 supported (no expert UI yet).Minor change in the API:SwitchBinary Set value is now boolean. New features:Communication statistics gathered in devices[N].data.lastPacketInfoFixes:Sensor Binary fixed to receive changes from devicesSome fixes in the blue UIMinor bug fixes 24.09.2013 v1.4 It was a long time since our last v1.3.1 version. We worked on many projects this summer, but RaZberry/Z-Way was always the central one. What's new? All available UIs are shipped included now. Go to /index.html page to select a UI: future UI (in development) current UI (old blue for experts) old jQuery mobile UI New Command Classes are implemented: ApplicationStatus DoorLockLogging Indicator Meter v3 Protection v1 & v2 ScheduleEntryLock SensorBinary v2 SensorConfiguration ThermostatFanMode ThermostatFanState ThermostatOperatingState v2 TimeParameters Hence, many new devices are supported now! Home automation engine is described in another thread. Important API changes: loadJSON function added to API to allow load a file from program folder. Command Class SensorBinary data tree has changed. Now it contains sensor types like SensorMultilevel. SwitchMultilevel commands SetWithDuration and StartLevelChangeWithDuration are removed (Set and StartLevelChange should be used). SwitchMultilevel Set/StartLevelChange are always with duration in C. New ChildCreated event on dataholder added to trap new child node cration. New JavaScript methods: fs.list(dir) and fs.stat(file). Fixes: ThermostatSetPoint, SensorMultilevel, Meter UserCode improved, some minor problems fixed. Full RF power during inclusion/exclusion is restored. Thermostat temperature C/F conversion fixed (mostly for US products) Other features: New V8 engine is used for better stability and performance. The code was reworked a lot to become faster and more stable. Better logging with log levels (check config.xml). NB! You need to force interview for all devices with SensorBinary and SensorMultilevel Command Classes. Go to Device Configuration tab, toggle Expert mode (bottom right corner) and press Force Interview under Advanced actions cut link.NB! After backup & restore process it is recommended to re-install Z-Way (using same command as to install it). Otherwise it might not run next time after restore. (due to old config/Defaults.xml comming from old package).     New RaZberry software is out! 19.05.2013 v1.3.1 New feature: Backup/Restore implemented. You can restore config files only or full Z-Wave topology. [For now you can not restore Z-Cloud backup on RaZberry and back. If it will be a popular request, we will make a converter]     17.05.2013 v1.3 New features and improvements: Note that some devices might require interview force to show properly Expert Commands and configuration parameters! Backend: Full Security support with all certified locks (tested with Kwikset, Vision Security, Yale) Communications with Danfoss living connect tuned to stop battery drain by the thermostat (full re-inclusion is required to heal Danfoss living connect!). Better performance and memory footprint. We have made major refactor of our Z-Wave engine to make it faster and more memory efficient! Better queue handling for failed nodes preventing them from blocking the full queue. Now even unpowered or failed devices in your network will not affect user experience anymore. New Command Classes: MultiChannel v3, SceneActivation, SceneControllerConf, SceneActuatorConf, Clock, Time. A lot of bug fixes. Among them: fix of system() call in JavaScript, UserCode.Set(), crash on broadcast Basic.Set, potential problems with Add/RemoveNodeFromNetwork/ControllerChange/CreateNewPrimary/RemoveFailedNode Function Calls. Added public method in C and JS API to check if command class is supported. Release information stored in Z-Way library. Frontend: Translations to Spanish, Russia, Deutsch. We will appreciate your help to translate our UI to your language. Thermostat UI fixed. Major changes in software design: devices[x].data.ZDDXMLLang and devices[x].data.ZDDXML removed: client must load the file called devices[x].data.ZDDXMLFile.value from the backend and parse the language content.     29.03.2013 v1.2 What's new: SenorMultilevel V5 support (Note! Structure of data holder changed) /ZWaveAPI/Run/[...].data.[...] now returns dataholder tree in same structure as /ZWave/Data/[...] shortcuts for CCs on device and instance in JS syntax: you can now write devices[5].Basic.Set(255) instead of devices[5].instances[0].commandClasses.Basic.Set(255) - both "commandClasses" and "instanes[0]" can be omitted Fixes: Unnecessary Command Classes on devices removed Queue handling after restart Line endings in ZDDX that caused UI to stop working More sanity checks to prevent crashes     04.03.2013 v1.1 What's new: Z-Wave secure door locks support New Command Classes: Security, DoorLock and UserCode New methods in JavaScript to make more fun with JS. See documentation on documentation  RaZberry page . Are a lot of bug fixes To update you just need to login to your Raspberry Pi box and execute the very same command you have used to install RaZberry: wget -q -O - http://razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash Note on Z-Wave secure locks: Some locks might fail to pass interiew of Version Command Class inside Security. We are still working on this issue (which is not relevant to RaZberry by the way). As a very simple workaround you can switch to ExpertMode, open Interview Results dialog and Force Interview for Manufacturer Specific. After this all other Command Classes should fullfil their interviews and the lock will become controllable via web UI.
mbehnke

Automation (sending http request)

Post by mbehnke »

I want to push all device Watt/kWh consumptions via http-request to a webserver.
how i can autmate this?

Please help!
Tiptop

Cool

Post by Tiptop »

First of all, many thanks for the update!

I have installed and restarted the RPi and I disovered, that on startup, I always seem to get the following behaviour:

1. All devices seem to have "lost" the complete Interview Stage status (+++++), every devices now shows (-++++). I have to perform multiple runs of "Force re-interview" and/or "Request NIF" to make the interview status showing +++++, again.

2. All battery powered devices show up as being awake (the sun symbol is shown).

3. Under "Device control/Device status" I can see all my 12 Z-Wave devices. However, when trying to click on Switches, Sensors, etc. I just get an empty view. The iPhone/iPad app shows nothing at all, anymore. That means, I cannot control my devices at the moment!!

Any hints?

Many thanks in advance!
Tiptop

NIF

Post by Tiptop »

Update: If I request a NIF for all devices, I get the system up and running, again.
Why is that? Why doesn't the z-way-server startup properly (and perform such mandatory?? things by itself)?
At the moment, I have to request the NIFs manually on each power cycle of the RaZberry system (power outage!)...
manuelokelly

Kwikset

Post by manuelokelly »

Can anyone confirm that RaZberry works with "Kwikset 910TRL ZW 11P SMT Deadbolt with Z-Wave"
?
PoltoS

We can not reproduce the

Post by PoltoS »

We can not reproduce the problem you have. Could you please check that /opt/z-way-server/config/-DevicesData.xml file is still there after a reboot? May be it is a problem of your fs? RaZberry does sync after each save operation.

RaZberry should keep all the Z-Wave information (including NIFs and interview results) in that XML file.
Tiptop

I can't reproduce this, either...

Post by Tiptop »

I am not sure what happened here. After the mentioned re-interview everything including requesting all NIFs, again, the server works as expected even on restarts.
Probably there really was something with the file system. The Rasperry Pi hardware is known to be a bit picky with its SD-Card interface.
So I guess you can interpret it as false-alarm for now...
Thanks nevertheless!
pz1

Release announcement When Where?

Post by pz1 »

I noticed some posts referring to a new release as of today. Is that official, or are only some beta testers giving feedback here?

I did not find an anouncement on the Razberry site where I would expect it. How does this release relate to the descriptions in the Roadmap?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

The new release is online.

Post by PoltoS »

The new release is online. This post (top message) was updated.

The update goes a bit ahead of the roadmap.
pz1

Thanks

Post by pz1 »

Thanks.
At the time I looked, my browser apparantly still had the old page in cache. A refresh revealed the updat news.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum